1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ba or bsc in physics

1. Dec 9, 2015 #1
    Hello,

I will be entering my first year as a Bsc physics student in January. I am wondering if I should switch to a regular BA to avoid a few chemistry courses I will need to take that come along with enrolling in a Bsc degree program. I have no interest in chemistry or anything other than maths/physics/CS at the moment.

I am not sure if making this switch is a good idea. What will some of the drawbacks be if I graduate with only a BS in physics instead of a Bsc?

Thank you~

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2015 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Would changing degrees make any difference in the number and content of the physics courses that you actually complete?

4. Dec 9, 2015 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Which courses are required for the BA? Which courses are required for the BSc?

Some chemistry knowledge is needed for a good understanding of Physics - not much, but some; and Chemistry and Physics overlap, although have greatly different study goals. Undergraduate Physics degree of any or either kind will require at least one year of "General Chemistry".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook