1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs BA or PhD in Physics?

1. Jan 25, 2012 #1
    I know this question has probably been posted on these forums hundreds, if not thousands, of times. However, I am still undecided on what to do for post secondary. I always see people from the states posting this question, but I have never read any for Canada which would be much more helpful for me.

I have been debating between just getting a bachelors degree or a phd in physics, but I am worried about job opportunities between the two. Don't get me wrong, I have no delusions about getting a doctorate and immediately being offered some high level academia position, but I want to know what kind of jobs can be offered fresh out of grad school with both degrees, and which degree would be more worthwhile to get. Or if I should get my bachelors and then once I have a full time job if I should upgrade to a masters or phd.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2012 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Just do a bachelors and if you like it enough: continue with the PhD. You don't need to choose now. There is time enough for you to choose that you'd like to go for the PhD.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook