Are you ready for a Bach-filled holiday season?

• Thread starter Bladibla
  • Start date
In summary, BBC will be playing the full works of J.S.Bach from 16th to Christmas, with the option to listen live through streaming audio. This follows the success of a similar initiative with Beethoven's symphonies. In Belgium, there will be a similar event for Mozart's repertoire in 2006. The website also offers a link to the music recordings and the hosts are fans of the group Musica Antiqua Koln but are disappointed that recordings by Paul McCreesh and the Gabrieli Consort & Players will not be included.
Bladibla
Physics news on Phys.org
And you can listen live - streaming audio! Thanks for the heads-up.

That is amazing - Thanks for letting us know!

luck would have it that I get my new sound card on christmas :(

they're playing at least 2 different recordings of the d minor partita for violin, i thought they would play everything only once. i also noticed that they're playing reinhard goebel & his musica antiqua koln's recording fo brandenburg concerto #6; they should get as much air time as possible. that's one of my favourite groups. they aren't playing any recordings by paul mccreesh & the gabrieli consort & players though. :frown:

Last edited:
Bladibla said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/bach/
The full works of J.S.Bach will be played on BBC from 16th to christmas.

Marvellous. They did the same with Beethoven's symphonies and that was a hughe success. An analogue initiative is taken here in Belgium, where the entire Mozart repertoire will be played on national radio because of the upcoming Mozart-year 2006.

Great link, thanks

regards
marlon

1. What does "Bach lovers - rejoice" mean?

"Bach lovers - rejoice" is a phrase that expresses excitement and joy for those who appreciate the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. It is often used to announce a concert or event featuring his works.

2. Who is Johann Sebastian Bach?

Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) was a German composer and musician of the Baroque period. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest composers in Western classical music history, known for his masterful compositions for organ, keyboard, and orchestral works.

3. What makes Bach's music so special?

Bach's music is known for its complexity, technical skill, and emotional depth. He was a master of counterpoint, a musical technique that involves combining multiple melodies together, creating a rich and intricate sound. His music is also highly expressive, with a wide range of emotions and moods.

4. Are there any famous works by Bach that I might know?

Yes, Bach is known for many famous works, including the Brandenburg Concertos, the Mass in B Minor, the Goldberg Variations, and the Well-Tempered Clavier. His music has been featured in movies, TV shows, and commercials, and is often performed in concert halls around the world.

5. Can anyone appreciate Bach's music, even if they are not a musician?

Absolutely! While Bach's music is highly technical and complex, it can be appreciated by anyone, regardless of their musical background. His music has a universal appeal and can evoke powerful emotions in listeners, making it enjoyable for people of all ages and backgrounds.