1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bachelor's in physics

1. Mar 29, 2012 #1
    Are there any jobs that I could get relating to physics with just a bachelor's in physics? I would like to get a bachelor's in physics and be able to use that to get a decent job until I get a masters or whatever. Is that possible? It seems like any job relating to physics, you would need to be a PhD or something like that.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2012 #2
    Is there any particular reason why you want to work between getting a bachelors and a masters? Why not just go directly into a masters or PhD program after earning your bachelors?

4. Mar 29, 2012 #3
    I'm working now and I don't like the current job I have. I was hoping to be able to get a slightly better one with my bachelors. I'd still be going to school while working.

5. Mar 29, 2012 #4
    In most cases, if you are pursing a masters or PhD in physics you will be working at the school, either as a teaching assistant or research assistant. I would think that most physics graduate programs would not want a graduate student working outside of school.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook