Back After 6 Years: Hi from a Senior Manager and Dad!

• Thread starter Siv
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary: Welcome back, by the way!In summary, Siv has been away for 6 years and has since moved to a senior management position. She has a son and has been sober since then. She reconnected with Kerrie recently and they argued about astrology. Siv has decided to leave because she is bored of PF.
Siv
Gold Member
Hello all.

Not sure how many of you remember me ... :)

Its been a long time - 6 years or so. Have been busy - moved 2 jobs and am in a fairly senior management position now. Had a son 3 years back. Sobered down considerably (no more aggressive arguments from me) ;)

So who's still there from then ?

I vaguely remember having some sort of argument with Kerrie on astrology and then leaving PF - Kerrie, you still there ? Hello !

Physics news on Phys.org
lol, that's funny because I'm on my way out. Welcome back though!

Cyrus said:
Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, why are you on your way out ?

Siv said:
Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, why are you on your way out ?

Bored.

Cyrus said:
Bored.

you'll be bored again. you'll be back.

Ok, this should be fun :wink:

Hello Siv, I remember you. Welcome back!

I have no idea who you are. I can believe you had an argument with Kerrie about astrology, though.

As long as you have arguments, then you're more than welcome back!

rewebster said:
As long as you have arguments, then you're more than welcome back!
Thanks.

The problem with arguments is they often get nasty. Nasty arguments almost always make me leave a forum sooner or later, as much my fault as anyone else's.

Welcome back!

Cyrus said:

hmm...sounds like desperate lovers:tongue2:
You can count on all of us for advice regarded to relationships...o:)

Hi Siv, welcome back! Six years, such a long time. Good to see you're doing well.

Thanks Monique.

Has PF become a little quieter now or am I just looking at the wrong forums ?

Hi SIV! I've been here since 12-03, did you leave just before then? I do remember some of those astrology arguments though.

We have tightened the ropes around here, so while there is still arguing, it's not allowed to get out of hand. And we no longer allow people with third eyes to post in Philosophy, at least not for long. :tongue2:

Glad you have returned.

With over 200,000 registered members, and about 1800 active users online at this moment, I don't think it is quiet :wink: I do think the place has matured, so people may in general may be more careful/thoughtful with their posts.

Hello Siv, welcome back! That's so weird, I just re-started posting here too after a long hiatus. Ah, astrology-well, let's just say that I have altered my beliefs a bit, and adopted the motto "You have the greatest power, the power to choose".

1. What led to your return after 6 years as a Senior Manager and Dad?

The main reason for my return after 6 years is my passion for the field of science and my desire to continue making meaningful contributions to it. Being a Senior Manager and Dad has also provided me with valuable life experiences and skills that I believe will benefit my work as a scientist.

2. How have your 6 years away from the field of science impacted your work?

My 6 years away from science have allowed me to gain a different perspective and approach to problem-solving, as well as improved time management and leadership skills. I believe these experiences have made me a more well-rounded and effective scientist.

3. What motivated you to become a scientist?

I have always been curious about the world around me and have a passion for understanding how things work. This curiosity and love for learning led me to pursue a career in science. Additionally, the potential to make a positive impact on society through scientific discoveries has always been a strong motivator for me.

4. How do you balance your roles as a Senior Manager and a Dad with your work as a scientist?

Balancing my various roles can be challenging, but I have found that effective time management and prioritization are key. I also have a supportive team and family who understand and respect the demands of my work. Communication and delegation have also been crucial in maintaining balance.

5. What are your goals and aspirations as a scientist in your return to the field?

My main goal is to continue making meaningful contributions to the field of science and to society as a whole. I also hope to inspire and mentor the next generation of scientists and contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge and understanding. Ultimately, I aspire to leave a positive and lasting impact through my work.