Back to school chicken, get yours now

• Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the conversation is about the back to school sales and the cost of school supplies. The speakers discuss their experiences with buying supplies and the unnecessary items found at sales. One speaker mentions the high cost of back to school supplies, including books, a calculator, and a parking pass, while another mentions getting supplies for free from the college library. The conversation ends with a summary of the previous year's expenses, which were around $40.
hypatia
The back to school sales are on! My grocery store must of printed a few too many signs for there little pencel area. I saw back to school chicken, canned peas and noodles!
Its been over 5 years sense I've paid for anyones back to school supplies. With books and misc. it cost me well over 500 dollars. It made me wonder, how much did you pay to go "back to school" this year?

Physics news on Phys.org
about $100.
some of the crap they have at those sales are unnecesary for schools.

I used to go to a very good school, in Phoenix. It's a very small school, but everyone wants in. Some good writers have come out of that school. We never had to shop for school supplies, everything was ready for the students.

The school I go to now was where steven speilberg went.

$500!
Does that include new school clothes as well?

5 dollars for 40 notebooks and 20 packs of paper. I also bought some pencils and pens for 20 dollars total. If you count my new calculator...then that is a totally different story.

i spend about 30 to 40 dollars usually, but i too had to buy a new calc. this year.. flippin' 150 dollars!

TheStatutoryApe said:
$500!
Does that include new school clothes as well?
Nope, books, calc, student planner, pens/pencels, binders..ohhhh and the parking pass rip off thingie{45$}

I'm lucky I got a nev calc for Christmas soo I just had to buj a few new pens. We don't have uniforms andall the books fare awilabel for free from the collage liberary.

I bought some new pencils, so like $3.

Last year was probably like $40 because I got new pencils and a new bag.

What is "Back to school chicken"?

"Back to school chicken" is a marketing term used to promote a chicken dish that is often offered by fast food restaurants during the back-to-school season. It is typically a chicken sandwich or nuggets that are shaped like school-related objects such as pencils or rulers.

Why is "Back to school chicken" only available during the back-to-school season?

The term "back-to-school" refers to the time when students return to school after their summer break. This is a popular time for fast food restaurants to offer promotions and limited-time menu items to attract families who are busy with school-related activities.

Is "Back to school chicken" a healthy food option for students?

The nutritional value of "back to school chicken" can vary depending on the restaurant and the specific dish. However, in general, fried chicken is considered to be high in fat and calories and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.

What other "back-to-school" themed foods are available besides chicken?

There are many different types of foods that may be offered as part of a back-to-school promotion, such as sandwiches, salads, and breakfast items. Some restaurants may also offer special packaging or promotions that are school-themed, such as lunchboxes or backpacks.

Are there any food safety concerns with "Back to school chicken"?

As with any food, it is important to follow proper food safety guidelines when handling and consuming "back to school chicken." Make sure to check the expiration date, cook the chicken to the appropriate temperature, and store any leftovers properly to avoid foodborne illnesses.