Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Back to School.

1. Aug 18, 2008 #1
    Today was my first day back.

My classes are as follows

Video Journalism 2 (with 37 students, 5 of which actually have previous experience with video production...)
    Advanced Placement Biology (with 6 students, LOL I love the contrast)
    Pre AP English 10 (just English with a smarter group of kids...)
    Government and Economics (Because of the scheduling I got stuck in a regular class, and I realize why I like my advanced classes, for one, everyone can READ in them...)
    Algebra 2 (math, my weak point)
    Forensics (an elective that seemed just SLIGHTLY more up my alley that art...)

Anyways, that's an insight to my life.

Anybody else going back to HS/ Uni/ etc soon?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2008 #2
    Yea, back to school next weak.

Taking 4 physics classes:
    Quantum III
    Classical III
    Stat. Mech and Thermal
    Bio Physics

Also GRE and all that jazz this semester. Im ready though, the summer has been too long and boring.
  4. Aug 18, 2008 #3
    I still have 15 days :biggrin:

I am not sure how am I gonna survive (It's more than 30 minute walk from my dorm to the nearest university cafe and I cannot cook).

5 Electrical Courses
    Microeconomics Theory I

Happier about going back but nervous about gpa and lots of interviews :shy:
  5. Aug 18, 2008 #4
    I haven't even signed up for classes yet.....im lazy. :frown: (seriously, I NEED to sign up SOON)

You cant put me back! You'll never take me alive! <kicking and screaming>

I love the summers because I self study. I dont learn during the semester like I do on my own time/pace. Summers are the best for me. Finally I had a summer where I wasn't taking ANY classes. I just read read read what I wanted to....pure joy.

Probably helicopter Aerodynamics and MIMO controls

Enjoy high school while you still can Binzing. Don't worry about math, I didn't get good at it until the summer of my sophomore year in college. It will come with time/maturity.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  6. Aug 18, 2008 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Classes started here today (I'm originally from a state that never started classes before Labor Day...even in university, Labor Day weekend was the move-in weekend, so starting mid-August still feels WAY too early for the summer break to be over). Just an hour of hanging out with dental students today. They had a 2 hour lecture scheduled, but were just given a short intro to the course and then guided to the labs to get their group assignments, locker assignments, etc. Oh, and the fun of sorting out the double-booked lecture rooms. :rolleyes: Apparently the instructors are the last to know about room changes.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of my really crazy schedule. Dental students in the lab all morning, then nursing and dental hygiene students all afternoon. Med students on Wednesdays. I haven't had this packed of a schedule since I was a student myself. :bugeye:
  7. Aug 18, 2008 #6
    I've been back for a month and a half...more than enough time for the misery to set back in and the excitement of going back to have long worn off. I'm doing a clinical year right now so I am 8-5 at minimum everyday and assignments all evening....bleh I forget what sleep was like.
  8. Aug 19, 2008 #7
    My college doesn't start until Sept 16th :biggrin: I love the summer, and I think I have learned the most this year thanks to PF.

I'll be taking Physics:Mechanics and a CNC class, that my dad wants me to learn, since we just got a Shop Bot at home, it's so fun.

I would take more classes, but I think 40+ hours a week at my job plus college full time, might be a little much, but if I can handle it this quarter, I might add more classes next quarter.
  9. Aug 19, 2008 #8

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Haha, me neither. I haven't signed up for classes. My supervisor hasn't contacted me yet. I e-mailed him to organize a meeting, so I hope that's soon. He also has another student with him, which she also doesn't know what's going on. We basically share all the information we get together. Our supervisor is always travelling and doing things, so it can be challenging in the summer.

My supervisor is definitely the best out there though.
  10. Aug 19, 2008 #9

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I can't imagine NOT having the entire month of August to myself. It's just so nice to know the months July and August are MINE!
  11. Aug 19, 2008 #10
    I have five classes this semester. School starts tomorrow.

Of the classes I am looking forward to, are:

World History since the 1500's

American Lit II

Then I have two physical education classes, Motor Behaviors & Athletic Training 1

Then a stupid class every freshman/transfer has to take.

Physical Education is my major and yet, I am looking forward to my history classes.

Ah, well, I hope everyone has a great school year. I'll def be sharing my stories here on this forum for fun/entertainment.
  12. Aug 19, 2008 #11
    Hah, school doesn't start until the 22nd of September for me. Classes are as follows (quarter system):

Solid State Physics lecture
    Solid State lab
    Bioscientific vocab (general ed requirement, what a load of crap)
    2nd quarter Java, although I plan to substitute it with a circuits class if I can get the access code.

+ undergraduate research
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?