1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Backwards Sawtooth waveform

1. Nov 28, 2007 #1
    Hello All,

Does anyone know of a simple circuit (with op-amps or something) that can generate a backwards sawtooth waveform? In otherwords, the waveform would have a sharp rise time and then slop off linearly. (see attachment).

Thanks,
    Jason O

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Maybe generate a traditional sawtooth (integrate and dump), then invert it and offset it? Would that work?

4. Nov 28, 2007 #3
    Hi Berkeman,

Ok, here's what I came up with. Looks like it is working :smile:. Does anyone know of any other ways to do this that may be simpler?

Thanks,
    Jason O

Attached Files:

5. Nov 28, 2007 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Simpler.... How about a single 8-bit downcounter with an R-2R ladder DAC configuration at the output.....

6. Nov 28, 2007 #5
    Hmmmm...... that could work :-). I wonder what kind of frequency range I can get from that. I would definitely need to buffer the output. Interesting approach.

Thanks,
    Jason O

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?