Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BAD astronomy

1. Mar 20, 2004 #1
    www.badastronomy.com is the best site for anyone who cares to find the astronomy related errors in movies, news, and other misconceptions.

The site goes over the astronomical discrepencies in Star Wars, Men In Black 1 and 2, The Mummy Returns etc.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2004 #2
    This excerpt is from badastronomy.com concerning the beginning of Men In Black 2. My question is, do the calculations depend on the planet's size?

4. Mar 21, 2004 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, if by 'size' you mean mass. There's also a 'radius' dependency.
    Did you find?
  5. Mar 22, 2004 #4
    the calculations? my computer wouldn't load to the site for some reason. thanks though.
  6. Mar 22, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Bad Astronomer, Phil Plait, is a definite favorite among astronomy forums. He also publishes many articles, a book, and is invited to many radio interviews. Always good fun. If he's not being mentioned here in the PF A&C forum, then he's mentioned in the PF debunking forum. You'll find me & some other PF members in his discussion forums too.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?