Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bad day

1. May 14, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I am awake at 3 o/clock this morning, first thing i do is have a wash and brush my teeth, the day is going well so far, i take a mouth full of mouth
    wash, it is thick and soapy, it is shampoo, same colour different shaped bottles, 10 mins swilling my mouth with water and i can still taste it.
    i decide to clear up the ashes in the fire place, i just finished polishing the
    metal bits when the ****** thing erupts with a fall of soot.
    I go to put the cleaning stuff back in the cupboard and the door falls off.
    I put some bacon in the oven to roast, i cook it real low for a long time, it
    comes out all yummy, i sit down and start reading my classic bike mag and
    forget about the bacon, i now have six grease spots in my grill pan.
    it is now 9 30, i have been up 6 hrs as soon as i can think where to go i
    getting the heck out of here.

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2006 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Who jumps out of bed at 3AM to get a headstart on cleaning their fireplace??

Perhaps the universe is punishing you.

4. May 14, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

I only sleep 3,4hrs if that, and it is hard to fill in the time, i was pulling out weeds in the back yard at first light, neatly stacked my coal pile, swept out
    the out house, i am running out of chores to keep me active :grumpy:
    one good thing my bike arrived today, so maybe i will go for early morning rides :smile:

5. May 14, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Oh, any one have any tips on getting rid of wood pigs, i do not know their
    proper name, they are like tiny armadildos, they have invaded my cottage,
    and there are millions of them surrounding it.

6. May 14, 2006 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

That seems a tad overestimated. :rolleyes:

7. May 14, 2006 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Well lots then, i can not turn over a stone without uncovering half a dozen of them.

8. May 14, 2006 #7

Astronuc

I woke up this morning to some woman screaming at some guy to 'get away' from her. She had just gotten out of a car. At least he stopped the car. He drove off and left her to walk. I just kept watch in case. Needless to say, when that happens the adrenaline gets going - and there's no point in trying to sleep.

A few weeks ago, I saw a woman jumping out of the back of pickup truck while screaming at the guy in the cab. I think she might have climbed out the window in the back of the cab. When I heard the altercation this morning, I thought it might be the same folk. It might be.

These maybe the same couple that walks by our house occasionally, and the usually seems to coincide with a domestic argument.

Wonderful neighbors we have. :rolleyes:

9. May 14, 2006 #8

wolram

Gold Member

Oh that is so bad, one never knows if one should intervene, i would err on
    keeping my nose out, unless it became physical, but what has this to do with my wood pig prob ?

10. May 14, 2006 #9

Astronuc

Well, I usually intervene if it looks like it will get violent. Usually, it's enough to make one's presence obvious.

I err on protecting the vulnerable, which is usually women and children, although it could be animals.

11. May 14, 2006 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Once i thought this guy was beating up on a girl, i went over and confronted him, it turned out that the girl was suffering an epi fit and the guy was only trying to help her, but it looked so different from my view, i was all ready to
    pile into him :blushing: but one must all ways try to protect the vunerable,
    even if one feels a right ****** if the situation is not as he thinks.

12. May 14, 2006 #11
    Are you talking about "sow bugs" or "pill bugs", or my favorite "roly poly's"?
    Cool little critters. They prefer moist conditions and dine on rotting vegitation so eliminating that stuff around your house will help. If not, then spray some pesticide.

If this isn't what you're talking about then, disregard.

13. May 14, 2006 #12

wolram

Gold Member

14. May 14, 2006 #13

wolram

Gold Member

My best discription, a multi segmented upturned bath tub, propeled with multiple legs, about three sixteenths to one quarter long.

15. May 14, 2006 #14

Astronuc

16. May 14, 2006 #15

Astronuc

Usually when a woman is screaming and especially when she's telling some guy to leave her alone, then it seems pretty obvious that something is wrong.

17. May 14, 2006 #16
    Do you have a cocaine problem?

18. May 14, 2006 #17

wolram

Gold Member

19. May 14, 2006 #18

20. May 14, 2006 #19
    Oh yeah, do it tomorrow. Don't want you hurting yourself today. : )

21. May 14, 2006 #20

Evo

Sounds like you're having an Evo day. :bugeye:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?