1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing Bad Grade, First Physics Exam

1. Sep 29, 2012 #1
    Hey everyone,

So I got a D+ on my first Physics exam. I always have a goal of achieving straight A's in a semester and now I feel that that's gone down the drain. Maybe one of you guys can help me out here. The worst test (out of 3) is only worth 10% of my final grade (assuming that this test is my worst one, hopefully that will be the case). I'm pretty sure it's still possible to get an A in the class, right? It's these grades that sometimes make me want to change my major, but I love Engineering, and I want to be good at it.

Can anyone here empathize with me?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2012 #2
    YES!!!!! lol I took my very FIRST Physics course from one of the two men that invented the CD player. He told me some wonderful stories about his personal struggles through school and that made me feel confident enough to... go on... and do FAR better... when taking the danged class for the second time. lol Don't worry about it! Keep trying and just enjoy it. I know that is easy for me to say now that I don't have to do it again but seriously, enjoy the new things your learning, it will come to you! :wink:

BREAK A LEG! :biggrin:

4. Sep 29, 2012 #3
    Probably this should be moved to homework help.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  5. Sep 29, 2012 #4
    I can certainly empathize with you. However, empathy isn't what you need right now: it won't affect your grades. What you need to do is dig in and study what went wrong on the questions you missed. Obviously you made some constellation of errors, errors in studying or errors in test taking, that his test brought to light. You need to locate exactly what those errors were and decide what you need to do so you don't make them again.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook