Struggling with Study Strategies and Low Grades in Physics: A Call for Guidance

In summary, the individual is a second year physics bachelor degree student who is struggling with how to study effectively and has been receiving bad grades. Despite creating a study plan at the beginning of each semester, it has not been successful. They are currently overwhelmed with tests and homework and are considering giving up. They are seeking suggestions and apologize for their bad English. They have not provided specific information on their study methods, high school background, or attempts at seeking help and motivation.
Karina Yukimi
Hello,

I am at my second year of my physics bachelor degree, and even now I still have to deal with difficulties about how to study well and bad grades.
Every beginning of semester I make a plan of study, but it never works.
And past two months I am already full of tests and homeworks and I feel like it giving up.
I really apreciates any kind of sugestions.
Sorry for my bad English.

Physics news on Phys.org
Karina Yukimi said:
Hello,

I am at my second year of my physics bachelor degree, and even now I still have to deal with difficulties about how to study well and bad grades.
Every beginning of semester I make a plan of study, but it never works.
And past two months I am already full of tests and homeworks and I feel like it giving up.
I really apreciates any kind of sugestions.
Sorry for my bad English.

If you look carefully at what you have posted here, you have given no specific information other than saying things are not working out. That is like telling a car mechanic that there's something wrong with your car and expects that he/she could diagnose exactly how to repair it just from that description.

Describe exactly what you have attempted to do, and why "... it never works...". Describe exactly how you did in high school and what you preparation you had by the time you enrolled in college. Describe exactly how you are proceeding in trying to learn the material given in a course. Describe exactly what type of help and assistance you have attempted at your school, and why they do not seem to improve your ability. And finally, describe your apparent lack of motivation.

Zz.

Likes Dishsoap

What causes bad grades?

There can be a variety of factors that contribute to bad grades. It could be due to a lack of understanding of the material, poor study habits, or external factors such as personal issues or distractions. Identifying the specific cause can help in finding a solution.

How can study guidance help improve grades?

Study guidance can provide students with valuable tools and techniques to help them better understand the material and improve their study habits. This can include time management strategies, note-taking methods, and practice exercises to reinforce learning.

Is it too late to seek study guidance if I already have bad grades?

No, it is never too late to seek help. Even if your grades are not where you want them to be, study guidance can still provide you with valuable tips and strategies to improve your performance and catch up on material you may have missed.

How often should I meet with a study guidance counselor?

The frequency of meetings with a study guidance counselor may vary depending on your individual needs. Some students may benefit from meeting once a week, while others may only need to meet once a month. It is important to communicate with your counselor and find a schedule that works for you.

Can study guidance guarantee better grades?

While study guidance can provide you with helpful tools and strategies, ultimately it is up to the student to put in the effort and practice to improve their grades. It is important to actively engage in the guidance and implement the techniques suggested in order to see an improvement in grades.