Sick, Tired, and Uncomfortable: A Night of Coughing and Woes

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a person who is sick and struggling to find relief from their symptoms. They discuss the possibility of wanting a girl to take care of them while they are sick and make them chicken soup. One person offers to make penguin soup instead. The conversation also briefly touches on a bug that is going around and the possibility of calling in sick to work.
tribdog
This is miserable. I can't stop coughing and it is keeping me awake. I'm tired and I have to go to work in 2 hours. All I've done is toss and turn. And I can't get the temperature right. I turn on the heater then I get too hot so I turn off the heater then I get too cold. Am I a sexist if I just want a girl to take care of me when I'm sick? Make me some chicken soup, please

Physics news on Phys.org
Beautiful.

Hope you'd be lucky to find a girl who knows how to take care of a sick person and make a chicken soup. Persoanlly I just hate doing this stuff.
But hey I can make make you some penguin soup if you like!(Note that's penguin soup not pengwuino soup.:wink:)

tribdog said:
Am I a sexist if I just want a girl to take care of me when I'm sick? Make me some chicken soup, please
Am I a sexist if I just want a girl to take care of me when I'm horny?

Aww...poor tribdog. :frown: *stuffs chicken soup and cough medicine into tribdog's computer* Sorry, but with the bug that's been going around this year, I'm not getting any closer without a full biohazard suit on. This one seems to be knocking out even the people who don't normally get sick and I have no desire to be sick for Disney.

Moonbear said:
Aww...poor tribdog. :frown: *stuffs chicken soup
WTF, that's like saying

Let me see if I can stuff this water into this cup! Have the ****ing smilies moved again>? Looks like it... hmmm. The cool smilie wasn't that down, and to the right?

Oh my... I thought I had it bad. Because of the messed up schedule I'm on I was up for about ten hours before going to work yesterday for an eight hour shift. Then one of my co-workers called off and my boss told me he wants me to stay for an extra four hours. So I'm still here... and I'm starting to get a bit loopy. I have cold pizza and soda to keep me company. Oh and PF.

You... You should call in sick.
I did that the other week. I wasn't even very sick. I just hadn't been able to sleep at all that particular night so I called in.

tribdog said:
This is miserable. I can't stop coughing and it is keeping me awake. I'm tired and I have to go to work in 2 hours. All I've done is toss and turn. And I can't get the temperature right. I turn on the heater then I get too hot so I turn off the heater then I get too cold. Am I a sexist if I just want a girl to take care of me when I'm sick? Make me some chicken soup, please
Awwww, <pours hot chicken soup into tribdog's computer>

He's sick as it is, and you destroy his computer? Cruel.

Knavish said:
He's sick as it is, and you destroy his computer? Cruel.
He asked for it. :devil: :biggrin:

1. What are the common causes of coughing?

Common causes of coughing include respiratory infections, allergies, asthma, acid reflux, and exposure to irritants such as smoke or pollution.

2. How can I treat a cough at home?

You can try drinking plenty of fluids, using a humidifier, gargling with warm salt water, and taking over-the-counter cough medicine. If your cough persists or is accompanied by other symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor.

3. What are some ways to prevent getting sick?

To prevent getting sick, you should wash your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, and maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine to boost your immune system. It is also important to get enough rest and manage stress levels.

4. When should I see a doctor for a cough?

If your cough lasts longer than a week or is accompanied by other symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, or fever, it is important to see a doctor. This could be a sign of a more serious condition that requires medical treatment.

5. Can a cough be a sign of something more serious?

In some cases, a persistent cough can be a sign of a more serious condition such as pneumonia, bronchitis, or even lung cancer. It is important to consult a doctor if your cough does not improve or is accompanied by other concerning symptoms.