1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Balloon Car

1. Mar 29, 2007 #1
    Hi All,

I'm building a balloon car and I'm in need of ways to increase the speed of the car.

Here's a description: Attach a balloon to a car. Rave the balloon powered car over 3 meters. The car must move on its wheels and the sole source of propulsion must be provided by the balloon.

Okay so I guess my question is, where should the balloon be placed to get the fastest movement, what materials should I use, how should I design the car. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stefan

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2007 #2
    The balloon should be placed at the inlet to the piston, "obviously".. :smile: Do you realise though, half the point of the task is creativity?

4. Mar 29, 2007 #3
    internal combustion engine, or propulsion?

5. Mar 29, 2007 #4
    Ballon Car

I have been a macanic for 30 years. I would use ten speed tires. They are ment to go faster and are lighter. It is just a thought. I hope you do well.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook