How can I improve my grades by being banned from a forum for one week?

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Grades
In summary, tribdog is really mad at his mom, and Smurf is trying to be friendly with him but he's not interested.
Smurf
seriously. 1 week. I have two essays due tomorrow and if I stay here any longer I'm not going to make it. My grade depends on me being banned.

Ban me.

Physics news on Phys.org
i hereby ban thee!

oh yeah, sorry, i can't. if you leave permanently like townsend... i'll kill you. got it?!

NO!

You need to learn to do your work with distractions!Banning you would be the "easy way out"!

Yah, don't be such a pansy, learn to work with the PF in the way

I am so lucky I don't have all these things coming up

Pengwuino said:
Yah, don't be such a pansy, learn to work with the PF in the way
*nudges pengwino*

shut up..

Smurf said:
seriously. 1 week. I have two essays due tomorrow and if I stay here any longer I'm not going to make it. My grade depends on me being banned.
Ban me.
Smurf - just Log Out! And delete your cookie.

Then don't come back for one week. You can do it! :cool:

We'll still be here.

I just finished one of the essays, the second one only has to be a rough rough draft. So I don't have to get banned after all.

(ha, you know what'd be funny? If I get banned just now)

yomamma said:
I am so lucky I don't have all these things coming up
No, you're going to go into a science. You've got much MUCH harder stuff coming up, it's just a little bit farther away.

loser.

Gale said:
if you leave permanently like townsend... i'll kill you. got it?!
Don't worry babe, you got my MSN. Not that I ever go on it, but still!

Townsend didn't leave permanently, did he?

yes townsend left permanently, course... i have his msn too... still, just because i talk to people off pf doesn't give them permission to just leave!

I don't think we're going to get in the habit of banning people for only a week at a time because they can't manage their time. You either have to want to make it permanent or not at all.

Gale said:
yes townsend left permanently
THAT BASTARD! He still owes me a reply!

He totally skipped out on me. ****er

Smurf, you have to be strong. If I banned you temporarily, you'd just sneak back in, then get banned permanently for breaking the ban. :biggrin:

OK, NO ONE TALK TO SMURF. Pretend he's banned.

Evo said:
OK, NO ONE TALK TO SMURF. Pretend he's banned.

Pretend who's banned? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've been begging to get Smurf banned since I came back. it's the reason I left in the first place. I'm up for not talking to him. Yep no more talking to Smurf or yomamma.

tribdog said:
I've been begging to get Smurf banned since I came back. it's the reason I left in the first place.
Wow... I just had an epiphany. I mean, that statement really made me look at my life in a different way.

If I have the power to make tribdog want to run away... Do you know what that MEANS?

I CAN HOLD TRIBDOG'S PRESENCE HOSTAGE AND GET ANYTHING I WANT FROM MOONBEAR! :!) :tongue2: Woohooo! Feel the power baby!:biggrin: :approve: :tongue:

lol, if I was talking to you I'd tell you don't get your hopes up. If I was talking to you I'd tell you Moonbear seems to be allergic to tribdogs.

yomamma.

God tribdog really hates his mom.

yomamma said:
God tribdog really hates his mom.
but I really like yours

We can all just add Smurf to our ignore lists. Of course, then when he wants to talk again, none of us will know it. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
We can all just add Smurf to our ignore lists. Of course, then when he wants to talk again, none of us will know it. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan o:)

tribdog said:
lol, if I was talking to you I'd tell you don't get your hopes up. If I was talking to you I'd tell you Moonbear seems to be allergic to tribdogs.
Wow, that would be really important info. if someone were to tell me that it'd really save me a lot of hassal. Too bad no one told me that. :tongue:

Moonbear said:
Tell you what, when I want to talk again I'll just make tribdog mysteriously disappear for 3 days. I'm sure you'll figure it out. :rofl:

1. Why would getting banned from school improve my grades?

Getting banned from school may seem counterintuitive to improving grades, but it can actually be beneficial if it allows you to take a step back and reassess your priorities. By removing the distractions and negative influences that may be causing your grades to suffer, you can focus on your schoolwork and make a plan for improvement.

2. Is it ethical to ask to be banned from school for better grades?

As a scientist, I believe in approaching situations ethically and morally. While it may seem like a quick fix, asking to be banned from school for better grades is not a responsible or ethical solution. Instead, try to identify the root cause of your poor grades and work towards addressing it in a positive and productive manner.

3. Can getting banned from school actually harm my academic record?

Yes, getting banned from school can have negative consequences on your academic record. It may result in failing grades, suspension, or even expulsion. These consequences can have a lasting impact on your future education and career opportunities. It is important to address any academic struggles in a responsible and proactive way, rather than seeking a ban as a solution.

4. What are some better alternatives to getting banned for improving grades?

There are many alternatives to getting banned from school that can help improve your grades. Some options include seeking help from a tutor or teacher, developing a study schedule and sticking to it, setting achievable goals, and seeking support from friends and family. It is important to take a proactive and responsible approach to improving your grades.

5. Can I request to be banned from specific classes or just the entire school?

This would depend on the policies of your school, but in general, it is not recommended to request a ban from specific classes. Each class is important for your overall education, and avoiding a class can hinder your learning and understanding of the subject. It is better to address any difficulties you may be having in a class and work towards improving your grades in a positive manner.