Banana: A Divine Fruit? Proof of God's Existence?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, Dave makes a strong case that the banana proves the existence of God. He explains that the human hand has that gripping shape because of all the millions of years that our primate ancestors spent holding bananas, and wives are not nearly as supportive of scientific study as you might think - especially in the produce section at the supermarket. He also reminds us that patrons, staff, the manager, and the police are not as supportive.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Or, if not (my opinion), he makes a strong case that the banana proves the existence of God:
[MEDIA=youtube]8WV2_I7594I[/MEDIA]&eurl=[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
About 50 years ago I read an article in an old SF magazine (don't ask me which one) the article was titled BA+NA2 and suggested that some clever prehistoric scientist had worked out a formula to know which plants to cross to produce a banana (which is a hybrid of the pepper family). It could not have occurred naturally but I don't think that is conclusive proof of anything.

Sure enough, but he DOES make a strong case for banana worship. :smile:

I'm convinced.

That man has most certainly not seen a http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/jackfruit.html".
art_het_frs.jpg

I shudder at the theological implications of not-yet-ripe, green bananas.

Sometimes a banana, is just a banana:wink:

He has his logic backwards. The human hand has that gripping shape because of all the millions of years that our primate ancestors spent holding bananas. :tongue:
And as for the 'tab', it's a lot easier to open one from the other end and use the stem as a handle.

Danger said:
He has his logic backwards. The human hand has that gripping shape because of all the millions of years that our primate ancestors spent holding bananas. :tongue:
Agreed.
To hold bananas is natural for us.

Note for future reference:

Regarding the human hand vs. the banana:

1] It is in your best interest to test this theory in the privacy of your own home, not in the produce section at the supermarket.

2] Wives are not nearly as supportive of scientific study as you might think - especially in the produce section at the supermarket.

3] Neither are patrons. Or staff. Or the manager. Or the police.

Trust me on this.

Last edited:
Solid advice, Dave. Thanks. Remember to let us know when your probation is up so we can have a party for you.

arildno said:
Or, if not (my opinion), he makes a strong case that the banana proves the existence of God:
[MEDIA=youtube]8WV2_I7594I[/MEDIA]&eurl=[/URL][/QUOTE]

I'd seen that before and it still makes me shudder. And people accuse me of being ego centric. I've got nothing on these guys.

I remember reading a parody of this, where the banana was shown to be the perfect sex toy.

Something about green meaning 'firm', being curved inward, and being a delicious snack to replenish your energy afterwards!

Gee thanks Astronuc, that's a great sounding recipe I am going out and try it. When I saw the name I immediately thought of bananas in beer but that sounds better.

I wondered why we don't have banans in our triffles, it seems chopped up ones do not freeze well and go all soggy very quickly :yuck:

Even soggy bananas go alright in ice cream but they have to be frozen to maintain their texture.

1. What makes the banana a divine fruit?

The banana has been revered by many cultures throughout history for its nutritional value, versatility, and ease of consumption. Its perfect curvature, soft texture, and ability to provide energy make it a truly divine fruit.

2. How does the banana prove the existence of God?

The banana's design and characteristics are believed by some to be evidence of intelligent design, supporting the idea of a higher power or deity. Its convenient packaging, nutritious content, and widespread availability suggest a purposeful creation rather than a random occurrence.

3. Is there any scientific basis for claiming that the banana is a divine fruit?

While there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that the banana is a divine fruit, its nutritional value and widespread consumption have been well-studied and documented. Additionally, the cultural and religious significance of bananas in various societies could be seen as a reflection of their divine qualities.

4. Are there any other fruits that could also be considered divine?

Many fruits have been revered and celebrated throughout history, such as apples, pomegranates, and figs. However, the banana's unique combination of qualities and widespread popularity make it a strong contender for the title of "divine fruit."

5. How can the banana be incorporated into religious or spiritual practices?

The banana has been used in various religious and spiritual practices, such as offerings and rituals, in cultures around the world. Some may also interpret the banana's design and characteristics as symbolic of spiritual concepts, such as fertility and abundance.