Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Band from 80s? Anyone know?

1. Sep 16, 2003 #1

pmb

There was a band that I loved back in the early 80s back from my youth so to speak. For the life of me I can't rememeber the name of them. But I know fragments of a song. I don't know if they belong to the same song or not. They are

"Ain't them cats the most, just rock'n from coast to coast, yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah ..."

"All we really want is some American fun .."

"from Frisco to Seattle from Seattle back to boston we can hear the guitar play and the drummer starts rock'n .."

I'm going nuts trying to figure out the name of the band but it won't come.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Pete

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2003 #2
    I'm a child of the 80's too, and those lyrics ring a bell, but I can't place them- now I've got it stuck in my head too

THANKS!

4. Sep 20, 2003 #3

pmb

No problemo! After I asked this question I searched using new parameters and FINALLY found it. The Stompers!!! YAY!

http://www.thestompers.com/

They have some sound clips here -- http://www.thestompers.com/cd.htm

Ahhh! The good ole days! :-)

Pete

5. Sep 20, 2003 #4

Eh

This sounds like a good idea for a new topic. Name that 80's tune!

6. Sep 25, 2003 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

Ah the 80's, bliss!!! so many quality band, and so many low quality bands. And ALL the music of the 80's kicked nowadays musics arse! Pity there arent any 80's devoted radio stations cos that would rock!

7. Sep 25, 2003 #6

Eh

Well there is a new station out of Toronto, and they play 90% 80's music. It still plays some of the new crap though.

8. Sep 26, 2003 #7
    Problem is we dont receive toronto radio in the UK, i would be quite happy listening to a radio station dedicated to GNR, Rolling Stones The WHO, Led Zeppelin and maybe a few others with that same kinda sound.

9. Sep 27, 2003 #8
    If you got broadband you can get the stations online, for instance Toronto has proberly the best radio station in the World, http://www.chumfm.com/

There are a number of other great radio stations in Toronto, but I remember listening to that station when im at my sisters in Toronto.

10. Sep 28, 2003 #9
    Cool i will have to moan at my dad to get broadband then. Need a new computer anyway so miteaswell get broadband at the same time.

11. Sep 28, 2003 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Lol or andy, we could start up our own pirate radio station devoted to 80's rock!! mix our cd collections together, and who knows... mayb alex will listen to it lol....or we pretend we are illegal immigrants and demand to the BBC that we need our own Radio Station called AyTees Roh-Ck for our growing population lol

12. Sep 29, 2003 #11
    You crazy fool.

13. Sep 29, 2003 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

crazy??? im INSANE!!!

lol, it could work as long as we cover ourselves in shoe polish and say, 'im as english as cooked breakfasts' in a poor accent then we should be accepted and given hundreds of thousands of pounds a yr for bein dirty immigrants

14. Sep 30, 2003 #13
    well here in the san francisco area there are a few stations devoted to 80s. i wouldn't recommend moving out here though because it's too damned expensive, and i don't know how you can access the 80s stations here online, so i guess you're **** outta luck! oh well, i agree with the person who said we should start a "name that 80s tune" thread.

15. Oct 1, 2003 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

I agree with that as well! lol. Actually, one alternative i suppose would be to listen to Total Rock FM on Sky Digital at certain times, because when 'Crusher' is on, he is an 80's metal fan so at least there would be some 80's music...ooh and when there are requests, some ppl request some 80's songs

16. Oct 1, 2003 #15
    Ok i'll start,

Captain America's been torn apart now he's a court jester with a broken heart.

17. Oct 5, 2003 #16

jimmy p

Gold Member

ANSWER!!!

lol that was kinda obvious Andy, Guns N'Roses - Paradise City. My go!!!

'There i was completely wasting, out of work and down'

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?