Can You Identify This 80s Band From Their Lyrics?

• Thread starter pmb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Band
In summary, the conversation is about reminiscing on 80s music and trying to remember the name of a band from that era. The lyrics of a song from the band are mentioned, leading to others chiming in with their love for 80s music and remembering other bands. The conversation then shifts to the possibility of starting a thread dedicated to guessing 80s songs. The conversation ends with someone starting a game by quoting a line from a song and others guessing the answer.
pmb
There was a band that I loved back in the early 80s back from my youth so to speak. For the life of me I can't rememeber the name of them. But I know fragments of a song. I don't know if they belong to the same song or not. They are

"Ain't them cats the most, just rock'n from coast to coast, yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah ..."

"All we really want is some American fun .."

"from Frisco to Seattle from Seattle back to boston we can hear the guitar play and the drummer starts rock'n .."

I'm going nuts trying to figure out the name of the band but it won't come.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Pete

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm a child of the 80's too, and those lyrics ring a bell, but I can't place them- now I've got it stuck in my head too

THANKS!

Originally posted by Zantra
I'm a child of the 80's too, and those lyrics ring a bell, but I can't place them- now I've got it stuck in my head too

THANKS!

No problemo! After I asked this question I searched using new parameters and FINALLY found it. The Stompers! YAY!

http://www.thestompers.com/

They have some sound clips here -- http://www.thestompers.com/cd.htm

Ahhh! The good ole days! :-)

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a good idea for a new topic. Name that 80's tune!

Ah the 80's, bliss! so many quality band, and so many low quality bands. And ALL the music of the 80's kicked nowadays musics arse! Pity there arent any 80's devoted radio stations cos that would rock!

Well there is a new station out of Toronto, and they play 90% 80's music. It still plays some of the new crap though.

Problem is we don't receive toronto radio in the UK, i would be quite happy listening to a radio station dedicated to GNR, Rolling Stones The WHO, Led Zeppelin and maybe a few others with that same kinda sound.

Originally posted by Andy
Problem is we don't receive toronto radio in the UK, i would be quite happy listening to a radio station dedicated to GNR, Rolling Stones The WHO, Led Zeppelin and maybe a few others with that same kinda sound.

If you got broadband you can get the stations online, for instance Toronto has proberly the best radio station in the World, http://www.chumfm.com/

There are a number of other great radio stations in Toronto, but I remember listening to that station when I am at my sisters in Toronto.

Cool i will have to moan at my dad to get broadband then. Need a new computer anyway so miteaswell get broadband at the same time.

Lol or andy, we could start up our own pirate radio station devoted to 80's rock! mix our cd collections together, and who knows... mayb alex will listen to it lol...or we pretend we are illegal immigrants and demand to the BBC that we need our own Radio Station called AyTees Roh-Ck for our growing population lol

You crazy fool.

crazy? I am INSANE!

lol, it could work as long as we cover ourselves in shoe polish and say, 'im as english as cooked breakfasts' in a poor accent then we should be accepted and given hundreds of thousands of pounds a yr for bein dirty immigrants

well here in the san francisco area there are a few stations devoted to 80s. i wouldn't recommend moving out here though because it's too damned expensive, and i don't know how you can access the 80s stations here online, so i guess you're **** outta luck! oh well, i agree with the person who said we should start a "name that 80s tune" thread.

I agree with that as well! lol. Actually, one alternative i suppose would be to listen to Total Rock FM on Sky Digital at certain times, because when 'Crusher' is on, he is an 80's metal fan so at least there would be some 80's music...ooh and when there are requests, some ppl request some 80's songs

Ok i'll start,

Captain America's been torn apart now he's a court jester with a broken heart.

ANSWER!

lol that was kinda obvious Andy, Guns N'Roses - Paradise City. My go!

'There i was completely wasting, out of work and down'

1. What bands were popular in the 80s?

The 80s saw the rise of many iconic bands such as Bon Jovi, Queen, Duran Duran, U2, and Guns N' Roses.

2. Why are bands from the 80s still popular today?

Bands from the 80s have stood the test of time due to their unique sound, catchy lyrics, and ability to capture the cultural spirit of the decade. Many of these bands continue to tour and release new music, keeping their fan base engaged and growing.

3. What are some defining characteristics of bands from the 80s?

Bands from the 80s often incorporated elements of pop, rock, and electronic music in their sound. They also had a distinct style with big hair, colorful outfits, and flashy stage performances.

4. What are some notable songs from bands in the 80s?

Some of the most popular songs from bands in the 80s include "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi, "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, and "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses.

5. How did technology influence bands in the 80s?

The 80s saw the rise of new technologies such as synthesizers and electronic drums, which allowed bands to experiment with new sounds and create a more polished and futuristic sound. Music videos also became a popular medium for bands to showcase their music and visual aesthetic.