Bangladesh humbled Australia today

• Thread starter klusener
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Australia
In summary, Bangladesh stunned Australia today by beating them by 251 runs. Flintoff was the star player for England, taking 5 wickets and scoring a fifty. Bangladesh's superstar, Mohammad Ashraful, reached fifty in just 21 balls. England should be very worried about the upcoming Ashes series.
klusener
Bangladesh humbled Australia today! lol, simply amazing!

It's time for us to celebrate, parties all over Asia, I am thinking..

England should be happy too, they can already smell the Ashes... :biggrin:

7 from 6 balls and I was about to go to bed, then suddenly I hear huge applause from the crowd, I turn around and there it was, the ball sailing towards the boundary and the umpire raises both hands.. With the single hit off the next ball, sleep was the last thing on my mind..

For all you non-cricket people, Bangladesh was considered to be one of the worst teams in the world and Australia, the world champions, have dominated the game the game for so long, this has to be one of the biggest upsets in history.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Fantastic news! Well done Bangladesh. Unbelievable really. Roll on the Ashes series...

Yeah, Well Done Indeed! Hat's off to you mates.

from an expatriated Aussie. :cool:

<speechless> :eek:

Amazing! Sounds like Bangladesh put on a fine, professional show. Shame I missed the game. Good news though. :biggrin:

so...that's big news I take it? we're not too keen on cricket here in the US.

kurushio95 said:
so...that's big news I take it? we're not too keen on cricket here in the US.
Yeah, what the heck are you guys talking about? At first I thought it was soccer -- er, football, excuse me -- but cricket? That sounds even more lame. :tongue2:

actually, I believe it's "futbol" (which I play almost religiously, so don't bash it, damnit)

kurushio95 said:
actually, I believe it's "futbol" (which I play almost religiously, so don't bash it, damnit)
Sure, no prob, so long as no one starts asking why the World Series is called the "World" Series ... :redface:

That's a fantastic result for Bangladesh ! Wish I could've seen the match, but we don't get much cricket telecast here in Singapore, except for ODIs and the occasional test series on pay-per-view cable.

What's happening to Australia? Pietersen simply thrashed them... That Collingwood catch was spectacular, I reckon he jumped 5 or 6 feet in the air to get that one...

klusener said:
What's happening to Australia? Pietersen simply thrashed them... That Collingwood catch was spectacular, I reckon he jumped 5 or 6 feet in the air to get that one...

Wasn't it awesome!

Can i just say that I was watchin gthe SkySports coverage and the classic - stupid quote was Nasser Hussain who when talking about Pietersen said 'We really have Viv Richards on our hands'.

I'm thinking not! On a funny note though - the crowd had some amusing chants, including asking Gillespie where his 118118 sign was (only understandable to British advert watchers!) and also his caravan!

-NewScientist

This England side is amazing.. Right now, the score is 379/3 with 10 more balls, hopefully, they will go past 400.. Strauss and Collingwood are quickly moving towards a 200 run partnership...

I take that back, the only thing amazing right now is the way Ashraful is playing..

-----------------

15.6 Flintoff to Ashraful, FOUR!, there we go again, stands there and hammers it to mid wicket, one bounce into the midwicket fence
15.5 Flintoff to Omar, 1 run, plays it to silly mid on and takes a quick single
15.4 Flintoff to Omar, no run, bouncing from good length outside off, Omar looks to cut and is beaten
The fastest fifty has come of 17 balls, Ashraful's fifty today has come of 21 balls
15.3 Flintoff to Omar, no run, good length outside off, Omar play it one bounce to the slips
15.2 Flintoff to Ashraful, 1 run, drives it to cover
15.1 Flintoff to Ashraful, SIX!, short and pulled over deep mid wicket, that's FIFTY!, Mohammad Ashraful has reached there at blistering pace
14.6 Harmison to Ashraful, 1 run, moves all the way to off side, takes it on the full and looks to chip it fine to fine leg, but it goes a bit square
14.5 Harmison to Ashraful, FOUR!, makes room and cracks it to extra cover, cracking cracking drive
14.4 Harmison to Ashraful, FOUR!, yorker length more that 90 mph, big inside edge goes to fine leg as Ashraful looks to drive
14.3 Harmison to Ashraful, FOUR!, round the wicket, Ashraful makes room and looks to cut it over point, big outside edge flies over slips

----------

Look at the guy, he is thrashing Harmison, who took 5 wickets against Australia...
50 in 21 balls.. :eek:

Holy cow ! Where did these guys spring out of ?

Cheers to Bangladesh ! :approve:

Flintoff is smashing the Aussies to all parts of the ground. Look at Kasprowicz's figures (at the time of writing): 2.5-0-28-0. It seems as if even Simon Jones has joined in with Flintoff, eight runs in four balls. But, it seems as if their efforts are going to be in vain. England currently has a lead of 253 runs, unless Harmison or Giles comes up with something special, the Aussies are going to blow over that total pretty quickly.

Flintoff gets Ponting and Langer in the same over. With two more wickets, England could possibly be in control of the match. Either way, Flintoff has to be the best all-rounder in international cricket at the moment, a simply amazing player.

Eeh??
All this talk about wicked crickets* is obviously beyond me..

*Or something like that, anyway; what do I care about men rubbing balls into their crotches in front of an enthused public?

Last edited:
In related news, all members of the Bangladesh cricket team have tested postive for steroids.

Team Captain, Sakib Mcgwire, is quoted as saying: "Hey man, I didn't know the slushies had been juiced."

I can't believe this, there has to be someone from England interested in this thread with the way the Ashes is going. And with the way it is going, I am leaning towards an English victory after more than a decade, but you never know with the Aussies.

klusener said:
7 from 6 balls and I was about to go to bed, then suddenly I hear huge applause from the crowd, I turn around and there it was, the ball sailing towards the boundary and the umpire raises both hands.. With the single hit off the next ball, sleep was the last thing on my mind..
Well, it sounds like a half-luck gamebreaker shot to me... but I don't understand how cricket works well. :confused:

I think the next test will be a draw! With Australia needing to take 1 wicket with the last ball and Flintoff blocking it from Warne

..or hitting it for a six.

nice thought - but would freddy risk the ashes for a six?

I think England will be up against it in the last test: looks like Simon Jones will be out injured, who has been exceptional in this series. Meanwhile the Aussies should have McGrath back, who took 9 for 82 over the two innings at Lord's.

In England's favour, the fact that Warne (4th) and Lee (6th) have better batting averages than Hayden (8th) and Martyn (9th) speaks volumes about Australia's miserable batting performance so far. Also, September is late for a test match, and I wouldn't be suprised if several sessions are lost to rain.

Overall, I fancy a draw, especially if England's batsmen can play McGrath and Warne very cautiously. Brett Lee is dangerous but expensive; that leaves Tait or Kasprowicz who haven't offered much.

Last edited:
If the australians can bowl the way they did on sunday against england in the final test then we are knackered, shane warne is a cricketing god.

Cricket's actually a competitive, nationalized sport? I thought it was something people did in their leisure time, like lawn bowling or shuffle board.

Lol, it is played by more people than baseball. I think the last time I checked, it was the third most played sport in the world. Most of Asia plays it, Australia and New Zealand play it down under, Africa has many teams, and of course England from Europe. These are the main test playing nations, but there are more than 140 or so national teams.

I doubt many americans have the patience to play test cricket. Should have thought they would enjoy twenty twenty cricket though.

Yeah, even I thought of test cricket as being boring, but after this series, I have changed my mind. 20/20 cricket is just a slog fest, of course that's what some people like to see, but I think the strategy and endurance part of the game is gone in twenty twenty cricket.

Yeah, i think the one day cricket matches are pretty well sorted though, i can't watch test cricket, unless i am reading a book and watching out of the corner of my eye. I tend to keep a check of the score online and then watch the highlights afterwards.

It's all over.

Any aussies around here? I feel like gloating.

klusener said:
It's all over.
Not the crotch-rubbing, I'm sure.
It is strange that this has been elevated to a sport in countries like Pakistan.

What are you talking about Mr. Arildno? Cricket is life in countries like Pakistan and India. It is basically the de facto national sport in most of the countries under previous British control. As the Duke of Dorchester said, "what is human life but a game of cricket?"

Back