Bank Of America giving credit cards to illegals

Main Question or Discussion Point

They are here illegally, and it is illegal to hire them, yet BOA is loaning them money. If they default on their payments will the rates charged legal customers go up to cover BOA's loss?

Bank of America, the country's second-largest bank, "has quietly begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers -- typically illegal immigrants," according to the Wall Street Journal.

Customers can qualify for a credit card if they have had a checking account at the bank for at least three months. They are required to leave a deposit and pay a relatively high interest rate, according to the paper.

The program is controversial. Bank of America says it will help undocumented workers build good credit. But critics say one of the USA's largest financial institutions should not be helping people who violate the country's immigration laws
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/02/bank_of_america.html [Broken]

Hey I can't even open a checking account without giving my SS number???
Illegals will be able to open a checking account and get a credit card without a number. Oh I get it , all they have to do is show their fake drivers license.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member