Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Complaint Banned IP address

1. Mar 18, 2016 #1

Garlic

Gold Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm having this issue where 70% of the time I can't reach the PF because it says my IP address has been banned. (It only happens when I'm using my mobile phone to access PF.)
    I searched this issue and found this 11 years old thread, where I saw that the problem has something to do with the proxies. This is a problem for me because I am not using any Vpn or proxy softwares. The software I'm using is completely vanilla- I diddn't change any network settings. And my phone provider demands some money to change the dynamic IP with a static one. (Also, I don't think it's safe)
    If I'm using dynamic IP, and my IP adress is banned 70% of the times, does that mean PF banned every 7 of 10 IPs in the world?
    And I have encountered something like this in my whole life only in PF. How does this happen?
    And how come I am the only one experiencing this?
    What should I do?

Note: I'm using google chrome for android. Interestingly I get blocked even when I'm using Puffin (a server based browser). Shouldn't it be using a different IP?

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2016 #2
    We are only banning one range at the moment. PM what your IP is for the phone.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted