News Baptist minister calls for Obama's death

A

Alfi

I suppose we all have to remember that these morons have the critical thinking skills of pond scum.
:confused:
Morons !? I thought he was Baptist. hehehe

Don't be putting down Pond Scum. Some of my best friends evolved from Pond scum.

ideasrule

Homework Helper
I believe he was making a statement from the perspective of the 'preacher'. Its a common device in communicating ideas and seemed pretty obvious to me anyway. But I suppose you can always find fault with just about anything anyone says if you are looking for it. Obama's "My Muslim heritage" comment comes to mind.
After re-reading WhoWee's post, I believe you're right. Apologies to WhoWee!:redface:

K

kyleb

I believe he was making a statement from the perspective of the 'preacher'. Its a common device in communicating ideas and seemed pretty obvious to me anyway.
But you can't quote anything from his statements to substantiate your interpretation, can you?
But I suppose you can always find fault with just about anything anyone says if you are looking for it.
Rather, one can excuse just about anything if one cares to dream up an explanation rather addressing what was said. WhoWee said nothing to qualify his statement as being a perspective separate from his own, and even went so far as to endorse such demonetization as "consistent" and by calling it "prayer".
Obama's "My Muslim heritage" comment comes to mind.
Obama has some Muslim heritage, I am guessing you are referring to his "my Muslim faith" misstatement. Regardless, you are abstracting here rather than addressing the topic at hand.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads