Bar Pendulum Graph name?

In summary, the conversation is about a bar graph experiment where the participant obtained a parabolic curve on the negative and positive x axes, specifically a time period^2 vs distance from cg graph. The purpose of the experiment was to find the period of oscillation of a bar and the value of g using a bar pendulum. The graph should show a straight line passing through the origin when plotted T2 vs L. The graph in question can be found at http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/scenario/labman1/kater03.gif and is named after a scientist, although the name was not remembered.
GabrielMoon
Bar Pendulum Graph name?

Hi!
WWhen i did the Bar graph experiment, i obtained a parabolic curve on negative and positive x axes
(time period^2 vs distance from cg graph). Can anyone tell me what it's actually called, the actual name of the graph?

Physics news on Phys.org
What exactly was your experiment? To find the period of oscillation of a bar?

To Find the value of g using bar pendulum

If you plotted T2 vs L, you should get a straight line passing through the origin.

What did you plot and how does your graph look? (Can you post a picture of your graph?)

The graph is like this.

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/scenario/labman1/kater03.gif
My teacher said it was named after some scientist and i can't remember his name

What is a bar pendulum graph?

A bar pendulum graph is a type of graph that shows the relationship between the length of a pendulum and the time it takes to complete one swing. The length of the pendulum is plotted on the x-axis and the time on the y-axis, with each bar representing a different length.

What is the purpose of a bar pendulum graph?

The purpose of a bar pendulum graph is to visualize and analyze the relationship between the length of a pendulum and its period. This can help scientists understand and predict the behavior of pendulums in different conditions.

How is a bar pendulum graph different from other types of graphs?

A bar pendulum graph is different from other types of graphs, such as line graphs or scatter plots, because it specifically shows the relationship between two variables through the use of bars. It is also used specifically for studying pendulum behavior.

What is the significance of the shape of a bar pendulum graph?

The shape of a bar pendulum graph can reveal important information about the relationship between the length of a pendulum and its period. For example, a straight line indicates a direct relationship, while a curved line indicates a non-linear relationship.

How can a bar pendulum graph be used in scientific research?

Bar pendulum graphs are commonly used in scientific research to study the effects of different variables, such as gravity and length, on the behavior of pendulums. They can also be used to make predictions and test hypotheses related to pendulum motion.