Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Barbie and Ken are separating after 43 yrs of friendship

1. Feb 12, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is this just a lame article, or is this really a business stunt?? I read in my newspaper today that Mattel is going to break the '43 year relationship' of Barbie and Ken, because of Ken's reluctance to get married, while Barbie is always walking around in wedding dresses, also her busy schedule has put a strain on the relation (so it reads).

Apparently they are coming out with a new model: Cali Girl. If this publicity is real: what message are they sending to children!!!??

[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

Is Cali-Girl gonna marry Barbie or Ken? What will happen to Ken? he will just fade away because he lived on Barbie's fame. She will rob him of every penny he has. Maybe it was because he had no genitals...

4. Feb 12, 2004 #3
    Ken sustained 43 years of marriage with Barbie with no genitals. wow. I doubt that would ever happen in real life.

5. Feb 12, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

i wonder if they ever told the people at Mattel that Barbie and Ken were plastic....

6. Feb 12, 2004 #5
    The people at Mattel have been living with Barbie and Ken for so long that their minds have become subject to large amounts of distortion. They think plastic, therefore they cannot discern the difference between plastic and real. That probably explains their infaturation with them.

7. Feb 12, 2004 #6
    There is a love triangle, GI Joe is the reason behind all this. He's a Hero, he's packing heat and much more muscle bound than Ken..they've been carrying on an affair ever since Barbie first saw him in his Marine Corps dress blues.

8. Feb 12, 2004 #7
    How come GI Joes have no balls yet carry enough firepower to level a third-world village? I think I just answered my question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?