Solve x: 3-2/1-x & x/2x+b=t

• Thread starter Eddzzz
  • Start date
In summary, the person is asking for help with two mathematical problems: 1) making x the subject in the equation x/2x+b = t, and 2) writing 3- 2/1-x as a single fraction. They request that someone show them how to get the answer for each problem. They are also reminded to show their attempts before receiving advice. The first equation can be interpreted in three different ways, so it is not clear which one the person is referring to.
Eddzzz
can someone help me with this and show me how they get there answer thanks

make x the subject of the following: x/2x+b = t

and please with this one ( please show me how to gte to the anser):

write the following as a single fraction 3- 2/1-x

thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show your attempts at these before advice can be given. What have you done with them?

x/2x+ b? Do you mean x/(2x)+ b which is equal to (1/2)+ b or (x/2)x+ b which is equal to x2/2+ b, or even x/(2x+b)?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the value of x in the equation 3-2/1-x & x/2x+b=t?

The value of x cannot be determined as the equation is incomplete. There needs to be more information or variables given in order to solve for x.

2. How do you solve for x in the equation 3-2/1-x & x/2x+b=t?

The first step would be to simplify the equation by finding a common denominator for the fractions. Then, combine like terms on both sides of the equation. Once you have isolated the variable x on one side, you can solve for it using basic algebraic techniques.

3. Can this equation have multiple solutions for x?

It is possible for the equation to have multiple solutions for x, depending on the given values of the other variables. However, it is also possible for the equation to have no solution or only one unique solution.

4. Is there a specific order for solving equations like this?

There is no specific order for solving equations like this, as long as you follow the basic rules of algebra. Some people prefer to start by simplifying the equation, while others prefer to isolate the variable first. It is important to be consistent and accurate in your calculations.

5. Can I use a calculator to solve this equation?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve the equation, but it is important to use the correct order of operations and input the equation accurately. Keep in mind that using a calculator does not replace the understanding and reasoning behind the steps taken to solve the equation.