How do I simplify (x-5)+(x^2(x-5)) to (x^2+1)(x-5)?

• Thread starter naicidrac
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking assistance in understanding how to simplify a mathematical expression from (x-5)+(x^2(x-5)) to (x^2+1)(x-5). Another person explains the use of the distributive law to simplify the expression. The person seeking help expresses gratitude and mentions struggling with math at times.
naicidrac
Hello all,
I am stuck and need assistance. I need to know how my solutions manual goes from this (x-5)+(x^2(x-5)) to this (x^2+1)(x-5) ? Thanks for all the help.

Naicidrac

Mathematics news on Phys.org
naicidrac said:
Hello all,
I am stuck and need assistance. I need to know how my solutions manual goes from this (x-5)+(x^2(x-5)) to this (x^2+1)(x-5) ? Thanks for all the help.

Naicidrac

Distributive law: a+ x2a= a(1+ x2) no matter what a is.

OMG, Thanks for the help. I just could not see it and now it is as plain as day. I do that a lot with math, Ijust get stuck in one path and can't figure it out. Thx for the help and have a great weekend.

1. What is a "Basic Factor Question"?

A "Basic Factor Question" is a type of scientific question that aims to identify the most important factor or variables that affect a particular phenomenon or outcome. It is a fundamental question that helps researchers understand the underlying mechanisms of a phenomenon.

2. How is a "Basic Factor Question" different from other types of scientific questions?

A "Basic Factor Question" is different from other types of scientific questions, such as descriptive or comparative questions, because it specifically focuses on identifying the key factor or variables that have the greatest impact on a phenomenon. It goes beyond simply describing or comparing different factors to determine which one is the most important.

3. What is the process for formulating a "Basic Factor Question"?

The process for formulating a "Basic Factor Question" involves identifying the phenomenon or outcome of interest, determining the variables or factors that may influence it, and then selecting the most critical factor to focus on. This is followed by designing experiments or studies to test the impact of this factor on the phenomenon.

4. How do researchers determine the most important factor in a "Basic Factor Question"?

Researchers use various methods, such as statistical analysis, controlled experiments, and expert opinions, to determine the most important factor in a "Basic Factor Question." The specific approach will depend on the research question and the available data.

5. What are the real-world applications of "Basic Factor Questions"?

"Basic Factor Questions" have many real-world applications, especially in fields such as medicine, psychology, and environmental science. They can help identify the key risk factors for a disease, the most effective treatments for a mental health condition, or the major contributors to environmental pollution, among others.