How Do Ket Vectors Change When Working With Bra Tensor Products?

In summary, if a state is represented as the tensor product of two vectors |v1>|v2>, then the corresponding bra state is represented as the tensor product of their dual spaces, namely <v1|<v2|. A more precise notation for this representation is |v1>⊗|v2> = |v1>|v2> and <v1>⊗<v2> = <v1>|<v2|.
QITStudent
Hey guys, I need some help understanding some very basic quantum manipulation techniques.

If I am working out the bra version of a tensor product on some ket vectors, do the two ket vectors change from |v1>|v2> to <v1|<v2|, or to <v2|<v1|.

Or, to put in context, if I measure an operator with an eigenvector AxB on state |v1>|v2> , is the probability that I get the eigenvalue associated with this eigevector

<v1|<v2|AxB|v1>|v2> or <v2|<v1|AxB|v1>|v2>?​

Many thanks for looking through this with me

Physics news on Phys.org
If [itex]|v_1\rangle|v_2\rangle[/itex] is a state is the tensor product [itex]\mathcal{H}_1 \otimes \mathcal{H}_2[/itex] of two Hilbert spaces, then the corresponding bra is in the tensor product of the dual spaces of the Hilbert spaces, namely [itex]\mathcal{H}_1^* \otimes \mathcal{H}_2^*[/itex]. Thus, it is [itex]\langle v_1|\langle v_2|[/itex].
Btw, a more precise notation is [itex]|v_1\rangle\otimes|v_2\rangle\equiv|v_1\rangle|v_2\rangle[/itex] and [itex]\langle v_1|\otimes\langle v_2|\equiv\langle v_1|\langle v_2|[/itex]

1. What is quantum manipulation?

Quantum manipulation refers to the ability to control and manipulate the behavior of particles on a quantum level, using techniques such as superposition, entanglement, and measurement.

2. Why is quantum manipulation important?

Quantum manipulation allows scientists to study and understand the behavior of particles at the smallest scale, which can lead to advancements in fields such as computing, communication, and medicine.

3. What is the difference between classical and quantum manipulation?

Classical manipulation deals with objects that can be accurately described using classical physics laws, while quantum manipulation deals with particles that follow the principles of quantum mechanics, which can behave in unpredictable ways.

4. How is quantum manipulation achieved?

Quantum manipulation can be achieved through various techniques such as using lasers, magnetic fields, and physical manipulation of particles. It also requires highly precise and controlled environments.

5. What are some real-world applications of quantum manipulation?

Quantum manipulation has many potential applications, such as quantum computing, quantum cryptography, and quantum sensors for medical imaging and drug development. It also has the potential to improve the efficiency of renewable energy sources and enhance data encryption methods.