1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Basic Tensor Video Lectures?

1. Dec 13, 2007 #1

Does anyone know of some basic video lectures covering tensors available online?

Also, what is a good textbook for looking up some basic tensor examples? Maybe there is a place on the web with some good examples?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2008 #2

Don't know of any myself. I have posted here looking for help with tensors as well, but have never really gotten a lot of support with it.

To be honest with you I can't even say I have run across any really good, basic and clearly-explained texts on tensor math. I have several books, but none of them really come close to what I feel I need. I run into stumbling blocks with no way to get clarification, and end up confused and a bit frustrated, and have nowhere to turn for assistance.

Ok....I didn't post here to rant....sorry. I would suggest you just do searches on google/dogpile/youtube, etc for videos for tensor math. I have not thought about this idea actually. So I may try it myself.

I will subscribe to your thread and will post anything if I run across any information that may be of help to you. Furthermore, if anyone posts something helpful perhaps I can benefit from it as well.

Thanks for posting your question, and good luck.

4. Feb 17, 2008 #3
  5. Mar 17, 2009 #4
    i would normally recommend the wiki but it doesnt help at all.

good luck, i mainly write this to bump this thread back.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?