Basis Atom of Superconductor

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with simulating the XRD pattern of Bi2Sr2Ca2Cu3O10. They are having trouble finding the basis of atoms and their respective positions, as well as the JCPDS for this material. A link to a paper with crystal structure information is provided, but the person asking for help believes it is incomplete. The conversation also includes a request for help with learning how to make the substance.
ralden
Hi everyone, I'm trying to simulated the XRD pattern of Bi2Sr2Ca2Cu3O10, but I'm having a problem of finding the basis of atom(and their respective position). Also its JCPDS is quite hard to find, so if anyone working with this, may you provide a link or articles about my problem.

Thanks.

(PS: don't forget the JCPDS.)

Physics news on Phys.org
@M quak, if you know the the basis atom and their position may you listed here? thanks.

Last edited:
PLEAS I HOPE TO LEARN MY DREAM LEARN HOW MADE SUBSTANC ??

It took me less than 5 minutes searching for "Bi2Sr2Ca2Cu3O10 crystal structure"
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.4491.pdf
If you can simulate an XRD why can't you google ?

Thank you sir for your effort to resolve my problem, but i already saw that article, and i think it is an incomplete data, because it only includes z coordinates, also there is no XRD or JCPDS provided. but anyway thanks again for your concern (on your 5 minutes concern).

ralden said:
i think it is an incomplete data, because it only includes z coordinates
The x and y information is encoded in the symmetry of the crystal (space group I4/mmm) and the lattice constants (a and c).

1. What is the basis atom of a superconductor?

The basis atom of a superconductor is the fundamental unit of matter that is responsible for its unique properties of zero electrical resistance and perfect diamagnetism.

2. How does the basis atom of a superconductor differ from a regular atom?

The basis atom of a superconductor is typically a metal atom, such as copper or aluminum, that has been cooled to a temperature below its critical temperature. This causes the electrons in the atom to pair up and move through the material in a coordinated manner, leading to the superconductor's properties.

3. What is the critical temperature of a superconductor?

The critical temperature, also known as the transition temperature, is the temperature at which a material becomes a superconductor. This temperature is unique to each material and can range from a few Kelvin to several hundred Kelvin.

4. Can the basis atom of a superconductor be changed?

Yes, the basis atom of a superconductor can be changed by altering the composition of the material or applying external factors such as pressure or magnetic fields. These changes can affect the critical temperature and other properties of the superconductor.

5. What are some potential applications of superconductors?

Superconductors have the potential to revolutionize various industries, such as energy transmission, transportation, and healthcare. Some potential applications include high-speed trains, energy-efficient power grids, and advanced medical imaging devices.