Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Basis Atom of Superconductor

1. Mar 7, 2015 #1
    Hi everyone, I'm trying to simulated the XRD pattern of Bi2Sr2Ca2Cu3O10, but i'm having a problem of finding the basis of atom(and their respective position). Also its JCPDS is quite hard to find, so if anyone working with this, may you provide a link or articles about my problem.

Thanks.

(PS: don't forget the JCPDS.)

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2015 #2
  4. Mar 7, 2015 #3
    @M quak, if you know the the basis atom and their position may you listed here? thanks.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  5. Mar 10, 2015 #4
    PLEAS I HOPE TO LEARN MY DREAM LEARN HOW MADE SUBSTANC ??

6. Mar 11, 2015 #5
    It took me less than 5 minutes searching for "Bi2Sr2Ca2Cu3O10 crystal structure"
    http://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.4491.pdf
    If you can simulate an XRD why can't you google ?

7. Mar 11, 2015 #6
    Thank you sir for your effort to resolve my problem, but i already saw that article, and i think it is an incomplete data, because it only includes z coordinates, also there is no XRD or JCPDS provided. but anyway thanks again for your concern (on your 5 minutes concern).

8. Mar 11, 2015 #7

TeethWhitener

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The x and y information is encoded in the symmetry of the crystal (space group I4/mmm) and the lattice constants (a and c).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook