Basis of Perpetual Motion To Admin

• Thread starter godinus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of perpetual motion and how it is often misunderstood and debated in the scientific community. However, the website has strict rules against discussing it due to past issues and potential for misinformation. The conversation also brings up the idea that even though something may seem impossible, it could potentially lead to a breakthrough in science. Ultimately, the conversation is a reminder to read and follow the rules of the website in order to have productive discussions.
godinus
I am a little confused. Throughout scientific history people have debated ideas on a continuous basis in order to propel humanity. Well I have read posts on this website for a few days on the concept of perpetual motion. What disappoints me is that every thread, on this topic, that is made on this sight is cut off almost immediately. "Because the crazies will come out" as I have read? Well my problem with this concept of cutting people off, crazy or not, is that perpetual motion does exist. Electrons are perpetually motivated around protons and nuetrons. All Matter is Perpetually Motivated towards all other matter in the Universe through gravitational force. But yet the Laws of Thermodynamics say that perpetual motion is impossible. Which May be true on a larger scale in a non-frictionless enviroment. But scientific concepts are disproven everyday so why is it the Law of Thermodynamics and why does this website enforce it by preventing people from discussing and sharing ideas that are vital to propelling science forward? Because even if perpetual motion is not real on a larger scale. Someone may develop an idea from discussing it that may lead to a vital breakthrough in science. So what I am really saying is DON'T CUT PEOPLE OFF Because you could be cutting off a vital moment in scientific history; potentially. People thought Einstien and Newton where crazy, DIDN'T THEY?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

1. You need to read the definitions of "perpetual motion" and "perpetual motion machine" on wikipedia. You need some clarification on what the issues are about. Basically everything you said is a misunderstanding of the issues/terms.
2. This is a private forum. We can have whatever rules on censorship we want.
3. We tried it your way and it was a disaster.
4. No serious scientist ever though Einstein or Newton was crazy and crackpots never, ever come scientific breakthroughs. Never, ever, ever.
5. That's not philosophy.
6. You need to reread the rules you agreed to when you signed-up.
7. So in short, basically everything in that post was wrong.

[moving to feedback and locking]

What is perpetual motion?

Perpetual motion is the idea of a machine or system that can continue to operate indefinitely without the need for an external energy source. It essentially defies the laws of thermodynamics, which state that energy cannot be created or destroyed.

Is perpetual motion possible?

No, perpetual motion is not possible. It goes against the laws of thermodynamics, specifically the first and second laws, which state that energy must be conserved and that entropy (disorder) in a closed system will always increase. Any device or system claiming to achieve perpetual motion is either a hoax or a misunderstanding of the laws of physics.

What is the basis of perpetual motion?

The basis of perpetual motion is the idea that a machine or system can generate more energy than it consumes, essentially creating an endless supply of energy. However, this goes against the laws of thermodynamics, making perpetual motion an impossible concept.

Why is perpetual motion often considered a pseudoscience?

Perpetual motion is often considered a pseudoscience because it is based on unproven or impossible principles and is not supported by scientific evidence. It also often makes claims that go against well-established scientific laws and principles.

Are there any real-world applications of perpetual motion?

No, there are no real-world applications of perpetual motion. While there have been many attempts throughout history to create a perpetual motion machine, none have been successful. The laws of thermodynamics make it impossible for perpetual motion to exist, making it purely a theoretical concept.