Bat and mirror relativistic problem is my solution good ?

In summary, the bat is flying at a velocity of 172 m/s and sees itself in a mirror parallel to its direction of motion. It is able to see itself due to sending sound signals at a velocity of 344 m/s. To determine the angle to the direction of motion, we need to consider the arrangement of air (cos alpha) and the arrangement of the bat (sin beta). However, without being able to read the PDF or see your steps, it is difficult to confirm the correctness of your solution.
irrehaare
So the bat is flying with velocity 172 m/s and he see himself in mirror which is parallel to the direction of fly. He can himself in the mirror because he send a sound signals with velocity 344 m/s. So now i have to count angel to the direction of motion.
a) first in arrangement of air
b) in arrangement of bat.

So here is my solution:
answer
a) cos alfa
b) sin beta

is it correct I'm not sure with arrangement

Attachments

• fiza.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 222
  • fiza.gif
    fiza.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry for replying so late, but I really can't read your PDF. I suspect that's why no one responded to this. If you're still interested in discussing the problem, then can you either post a better scan or show your steps in LaTeX?

of air

I would say that your solution is a good start, but there are a few things that need to be clarified. First, it would be helpful to have more information about the setup of the problem, such as the distance between the bat and the mirror, and the angle at which the bat is flying. This information can affect the calculations and the final answer.

Secondly, it's important to note that the speed of sound in air can vary depending on factors such as temperature and humidity. So the value of 344 m/s may not be accurate for all situations. It would be helpful to specify the conditions under which this value was obtained.

Lastly, in order to fully solve the problem, we would need to know the angle at which the bat is flying in relation to the mirror. This would affect the calculation of the angle to the direction of motion.

Overall, your solution shows a good understanding of the concept of relative motion and the use of trigonometric functions to calculate angles. However, more information and clarification is needed to ensure the accuracy of the solution.

1. What is the Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem?

The Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem is a thought experiment that explores the concept of time dilation in special relativity. It involves a bat flying back and forth between two mirrors at close to the speed of light, and how time would appear to pass for an observer watching the bat's movements.

2. How does this problem relate to relativity?

The Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem is a classic example used to understand the effects of special relativity, which describes how time and space are perceived differently by observers moving at different speeds. The problem demonstrates the concept of time dilation, where time appears to pass slower for objects moving at high speeds.

3. What is the solution to the Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem?

The solution to the Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem is that the observer watching the bat will perceive time passing slower for the bat compared to their own time. This is due to the effects of time dilation, where time appears to pass slower for objects moving at high speeds.

4. How do we know if a solution to the Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem is good?

A good solution to the Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem should accurately predict the effects of time dilation on the bat's movements. It should also be consistent with the principles of special relativity, such as the speed of light being constant for all observers.

5. What are some real-world applications of the Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem?

The Bat and Mirror Relativistic Problem has practical applications in fields such as GPS technology and particle physics. Understanding the effects of time dilation is crucial for accurately measuring time and distance in GPS devices. In particle physics, the problem helps to explain the behavior of subatomic particles moving at high speeds.