1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Batmobile physics problem

1. Apr 26, 2004 #1
    hi, i am grade 12 student having difficulty on a question for my physics class. i was wondering if anybody could help me out.
    the question is:
    Batman drove the batmobile along a straight street in gotham city. He started from rest and maintained a constant value acceleration for 750m.Robin was standin on the floor of the batmobile holding the batrope, which was tied to the batmobile ceiling, when the trip began.the rope made a 30 degree angle with the verticle.even togh he picked his feet up off the floor the rope angle did not change. How long, in seconds, did the trip take?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2004 #2
    What acceleration would cause Robin's rope to make a 30 degree angle with the vertical?

Here's a hint: Draw a triangle. Label what you know and solve for what you need.

4. Apr 27, 2004 #3

Science Advisor

I'm thinking it would be a tan relationship.

[tex]tan(\theta) = \frac{batmobile}{gravity}[/tex]
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?