1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Battery charging

1. Nov 30, 2014 #1
    < Mentor Note -- thread moved to HH from the technical engineering forums, so no HH Template is shown >

Hey guys ,
    I want to know about the battery defects like stipulation , erosion , sedimentation , seperator defects .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2014 #2
    hey guys ,
    can anybody tell me about the charging methods of battery like ;
    Initial charging , Normal charging and intermittent charging.

4. Nov 30, 2014 #3
    hey please help me out ,
    What are the functions of various components of two unit , three unit and heavy duty Regulators ..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Nov 30, 2014 #4
    Lead acid? lithium? Ni Mh.... every battery type is different

6. Nov 30, 2014 #5

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Battery charging can be quite a sophisticated business. All technologies have different requirements - especially if you want to charge it reasonably quickly. You need to do a bit of general reading round and look at the data sheets on the battery you need to charge.
    Personally, I reckon that battery chargers are so cheap, for most technologies and so difficult for others that I'd rather buy one. If it's a Lithium Ion battery then you need to be really careful and it's not an ideal 'first project' for the amateur constructor.

7. Nov 30, 2014 #6

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's rather an open question and it reads a bit like homework(?).
    Have you a specific question?

8. Nov 30, 2014 #7

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

9. Nov 30, 2014 #8

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

I have merged your 3 threads on similar topics.

We do require that you show your effort before asking overly-broad questions. Please show us what you have been reading about these subjects, and what you know so far.

What is the context of your questions? Are you working on a battery charging system? Or is this for schoolwork?

10. Nov 30, 2014 #9

meBigGuy

Gold Member

First go to wikipedia or some other site and read about charging and characteristics for the battery technology (like lead-acid, lithiun-ion, NiMH, NiCad, etc) you are intertested in. Then, proceed to ask questions about the things you don't understand.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted