I'm having issues with overheating and need a little help. I have 8 6v4ah rechargeable lead-acid batteries. I wire 2 in series for 12 volts. Then i wire the sets of 2 in parallel, because I want to keep my system at 12 volts. That means I have 16 amps. Every time I add more sets of batteries, my amps increase. So now I'm dealing with heat issues. I'm running these batteries into a 1000 watt modified sign wave power inverter with digital monitoring. From that I'm powering a flat screen TV. After about 25 minutes, although I've still got enough power, I get an alarm due to overheating. I wire 4 batteries to 2 posts, neg and positive, and another 4 batteries to 2 posts, neg and positive, because sometimes I like to seperate the batteries and only use half of them at a time. These posts are rated at 10 amps, and there are 8 amps going into them. But once I cross a wire over between the posts, I've now got the total 16 amps in play. So I added a heat sink onto each post and that seems to be working. I'm running 14 AWG wire, about 3 feet long, because every web site calculator I've tried says that should be fine. The power inverter came with a 4 AWG cable but I don't use that, because I don't go anywhere over 250 watts with this system. The problem is that I've put a cigarette type adaptor between the power inverter and the batteries. I want something that I can unplug easily, and I like having the extra fuse in there. But that adaptor is overheating big time. I know (from reading this web site) that a car battery can put out anywhere for 45 amps to 1000 amps (depending which thread you read!), but I figure that that many amps aren't available at the cigarette jack. One question is, how many amps can you draw from your car through the dashboard? It can't be enough to overheat the adaptor, I'm sure. What can I do to fix my heat problems between my batteries and power inverter? If I run a cable directly from the batteries to the power inverter and lose the adaptor, then how do I quickly plug and unplug the thing? A wall socket can handle a lot of power. Should I try something like that? Thanks.