Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Battery power

1. Jul 12, 2010 #1
    i need link for the power or the maximum current for dc battery 9 and 1.5 voltage ..if any one know plz share it ??
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2010 #2

Science Advisor

There is no one answer for this. It depends on the size of the battery and the type (chemistry) of the battery. You need to give more details.
  4. Jul 12, 2010 #3
    This site has some good data on AA batts:
    I thought they dealt with other sizes too, but I can't find anything in quick search mode. Maybe a little more digging will turn it up.
  5. Jul 12, 2010 #4

Gold Member

If maximum power is truly your only concern, and not duration (i.e energy), then ultracapacitors are the leading technology though their energy density is an order of magnitude less than a chemical battery. So the first question is 'maximum current' for how long? See, e.g., here:

If you truly want a battery, can you use a throwaway (primary) or do you need a rechargeable (secondary) battery?

This site might also provide some useful background:
    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/index.htm [Broken]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Jul 13, 2010 #5
    thnx all for help
  7. Jul 15, 2010 #6
    If you want power..throw avay the battery and get an ac adapter

or buy a lead acid battery of 10ah atleast

Go green think green
    Dont forget to add me as your friend
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook