Battle: Wasp!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
You have wasps at this time of year!?

Whereabouts do you live again?

It seems like they are getting in from outside the desk area. I would just spray around the window and any possible openings on the outside of the house twice a day. Morning and after work.
I live in Kansas. We haven't had a freeze yet, it was in the 70's today.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I live in Kansas. We haven't had a freeze yet, it was in the 70's today.

I have no idea what 70 is in celsius.

Well, let's hope that freeze kicks in soon.

Geeze o pete!!!! I've been kiling wasps all day!!!

The Fruit Bat goes nuts when he sees one and starts to attack them, or starts barking if they're out of his reach. It's cute, I say "DANGER" and he scoots back and waits for me to get the wasp spray.

Please tell me the name of the spray that you can use indoors. This will solve so, SO many of my problems in life.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
i have no idea what 70 is in celsius.

Well, let's hope that freeze kicks in soon.

~21 c

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Evo
Mentor
Please tell me the name of the spray that you can use indoors. This will solve so, SO many of my problems in life.
Any indoor flying insect spray will work. I used to have special wasp spray, but I found that Raid flying insect spray works just fine, it just doesn't have that jet that can nail a wasp 20 feet away.

OH oh, Evo if they are yellow jackets they can mess up a wall pretty quick. They will chew up the insulation and work on the wall board. Time to call a professional pest control and I would do it now.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That's warm! That's like ideal temperature.

Yes, very warm. I know Kansas is further south than I am, but I didn't realize it was THAT far south. Though, we had temps almost as warm today, but it was around freezing earlier this week, with overnight frosts several nights of the past two weeks. That seems to be typical for this area to get a lot of bouncing of temperatures in fall and spring. We're right on the border of jet streams, so can quickly switch between the arctic chills and the tropical heat it seems.