Bbcodes on PF

• Thread starter lpetrich
  • Start date
These are codes for creating markup in your posts.

I've tried "sup" (superscript) and "sub" (subscript), and they make the text smaller but not raised or lowered:
x2 x2 x2

Would it be OK to have a Wikipedia "wiki" BBCode?

I've also noticed a lack of a "noparse" BBCode.

Any problems with BBCodes? Any requests?

Thanks for reminding me. I need to convert a lot of old bbcode.

4324 12343

Last edited:
I did some testing it's completely bizarre. The source code look fine. I even tried different fonts and they all won't work. Perhaps there is some styling that is keeping everything in line.

Borek

Mentor
I think
Code:
vertical-align: baseline;
is a culprit.

Seems like a problem with the CSS code for HTML tags <sup> and <sub>, which is what "sup" and "sub" get turned into. I tried both tags in a HTML sandbox site, and they worked properly.

I have another request. A "table" BBCode. Given what we often discuss here, it would be valuable, but one was never installed in the vB3 version of this site. vB4 has BBCode tables built in, but its BBCodes for tables closely parallel the HTML tags for tables: table overall, tr for rows, td and th for cells. So one could do tables that way.

Borek

Mentor
Do you see it?
In Opera Dragonfly it is listed as style of these characters, if I understand the situation correctly it is taken from the css.php file. Switching it (locally) off makes the subscript to drop below the baseline, see these two screenshots:

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-2.png

Strange that the sub and sup have properties. They must be inheriting them somehow. Anyway, I've explicitly defined them and they work. Nice job @Borek ! I'll make editor buttons for them later today.