Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Be careful what you leave in your car

1. Jun 11, 2005 #1
    It's like 100 degrees in my car with the windows up right now, and I just noticed that my 3 lb. bag of gummy bears is now a liquid blob. I can't find a face or paw in the entire bag. I learned the hard way so you guys don't have to.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2005 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

not the gummy bears :frown:

4. Jun 11, 2005 #3
    Yes, tragedies like this have, at least, salvagability as cautionary tales.

Sorry for your loss, Gridlock.

5. Jun 11, 2005 #4
    Ouch, what a depressing story: If there is anyway in which we can help, feel free to ask.

6. Jun 11, 2005 #5

cronxeh

Gold Member

I think my Sarcasm-o-Meter just short circuited..

7. Jun 11, 2005 #6
    "Oh! A sarcasm detector! That's really useful!"

8. Jun 11, 2005 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

As summer approaches, we must all remember this preventable tragedy. (don't leave bottled juice in the car either, trust me on this)

9. Jun 11, 2005 #8
    I'm more of a Swedish Fish person myself, but being in the same gummy line, I can empathies.
    Also don't leave cherry/berry scented candles in your car in this heat :yuck:
    I wonder how long before the smell dissipates?

10. Jun 11, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Just pour it into a Teflon pan and get a gummy bear-shaped cookie cutter.

Look on the bright side: Your nocturnal back-seat activities will no longer be so immediately noticeable.

11. Jun 11, 2005 #10

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I remember a video rental place that displayed a warped and twisted video cassette as a reminder to not leave rented videos sitting on the dashboard.

12. Jun 11, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:cry: First franzbear and now the gummi bears! The world isn't safe for bears anymore! :cry:

:surprised *runs and hides*

13. Jun 11, 2005 #12
    Did u guys see myth busters. They left some cookie dough (i think) in a car under high heat (simulating sunlight). The cookie dough actually exploded (due to chemical reactions or something).

14. Jun 11, 2005 #13

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Don't leave lipstick in your car. :cry:

15. Jun 11, 2005 #14

Danger

Gold Member

It would never cross my mind.

16. Jun 11, 2005 #15

Mk

Do not leave a crayon on an uninflated ballooon... it never comes out. The balloon and the crayon melts and whoA!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?