Be careful what you leave in your car

• Thread starter Mental Gridlock
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car
In summary: You've created a dangerous and potentially deadly mess.In summary, the gummy bears in Gridlock's car melted and caused a mess.
Mental Gridlock
It's like 100 degrees in my car with the windows up right now, and I just noticed that my 3 lb. bag of gummy bears is now a liquid blob. I can't find a face or paw in the entire bag. I learned the hard way so you guys don't have to.

Physics news on Phys.org
not the gummy bears :frown:

Mental Gridlock said:
It's like 100 degrees in my car with the windows up right now, and I just noticed that my 3 lb. bag of gummy bears is now a liquid blob. I can't find a face or paw in the entire bag. I learned the hard way so you guys don't have to.
Yes, tragedies like this have, at least, salvagability as cautionary tales.

Sorry for your loss, Gridlock.

Ouch, what a depressing story: If there is anyway in which we can help, feel free to ask.

I think my Sarcasm-o-Meter just short circuited..

"Oh! A sarcasm detector! That's really useful!"

As summer approaches, we must all remember this preventable tragedy. (don't leave bottled juice in the car either, trust me on this)

I'm more of a Swedish Fish person myself, but being in the same gummy line, I can empathies.
Also don't leave cherry/berry scented candles in your car in this heat :yuck:
I wonder how long before the smell dissipates?

Mental Gridlock said:
my 3 lb. bag of gummy bears is now a liquid blob. I can't find a face or paw in the entire bag
Just pour it into a Teflon pan and get a gummy bear-shaped cookie cutter.

hypatia said:
I wonder how long before the smell dissipates?
Look on the bright side: Your nocturnal back-seat activities will no longer be so immediately noticeable.

I remember a video rental place that displayed a warped and twisted video cassette as a reminder to not leave rented videos sitting on the dashboard.

:cry: First franzbear and now the gummi bears! The world isn't safe for bears anymore! :cry:

*runs and hides*

Did u guys see myth busters. They left some cookie dough (i think) in a car under high heat (simulating sunlight). The cookie dough actually exploded (due to chemical reactions or something).

Don't leave lipstick in your car. :cry:

Evo said:
Don't leave lipstick in your car. :cry:
It would never cross my mind.

Do not leave a crayon on an uninflated ballooon... it never comes out. The balloon and the crayon melts and whoA!

What are some common items people should avoid leaving in their car?

Some common items people should avoid leaving in their car include electronics (such as laptops and smartphones), food (especially perishable items), important documents (such as IDs or credit cards), and valuables (like jewelry or cash).

Why should I be careful about leaving items in my car?

Leaving items in your car can make you a target for theft or vandalism. Thieves may break into your car to steal valuable items, and leaving important documents in your car can also put your identity at risk.

How can extreme temperatures affect items left in a car?

Extreme temperatures, whether hot or cold, can damage items left in a car. Electronics can overheat and become damaged, food can spoil, and certain materials can warp or melt in high temperatures. In cold temperatures, items like liquids can freeze and potentially burst containers.

What precautions can I take to protect items left in my car?

To protect items left in your car, you can park in a secure and well-lit area, lock your car doors, and avoid leaving valuables visible from the outside. It is also a good idea to take important documents and electronics with you instead of leaving them in the car.

Can leaving items in my car have any environmental impact?

Leaving items in your car can have an environmental impact, especially if they are not disposed of properly. For example, leaving food or drinks in your car can attract pests and leave behind a mess. Additionally, certain items may release harmful chemicals into the environment if left in extreme temperatures.