1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BE Mechanical Engineering to Graduate Physics in Plasma

1. Jan 30, 2011 #1

I am from India, and i have graduated in mechanical engineering in 2010. Since then i have been working, performing IT systems audit. I like the job but, I think i would be happier(Joy of Understanding - Rattleback???!) in physics. I would like to pursue a graduate degree (MSc) in plasma physics and finally work on fusion. I have taken a look at various universities (US and Europe) and understand that i have a lot of ground to cover before i can understand Plasma Physics.

Now, i have two options

1) Take up a 1 year masters course at university of York(UK) - Plasma Physics (Taught Course) and then apply for an integrated PhD course in the US.

2) Start at the Undergraduate Level and complete a Physics Major and then apply for a masters.

I understand that the 2nd option is the ideal, but then time becomes a factor as well as i am 22 years old.

What do you guys think i should do? Is there any other option? Let me Know

Just to give you context - My college is in the top 30 in the country. I averaged a 75% on my BE. and my research(as part of the course) was in Tensegrity.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted