1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beam Deflection

1. Nov 29, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hey

In my assignment im writing about beamdeflection, but theres some things i really can find out how to do.
    I need to explain area moment, moment of inertia and the center of gravity, i need to explain this with the help of integration.

Under her ive inertet the whole assigment, sorry for bad english, its google translate:
    Problem Formulation
    Explain the use of beams for building construction in a historical perspective as well as for the two
    requirements normally will dimension the following (strength and deflection).
    Derive the expression for the maximum stress in a cross-section, and for two different bar case
    expression to determine the maximum deflection - explains including area moments
    center of gravity and inter timo elements using integral calculus and use the theory of a self-selected
    profile of adequate complexity.

can someone please help make notation, or give me some reading stuff i can use

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted