• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Beam Reactions Help me.

• Thread starter cash168
  • Start date

Homework Statement

Hi there! I have recently studying how to design gantry. but I got one problem about how to calculate the vertical load on the beam. can anyone help me and let me know how to find the Reactions 114kn and 183kn in the picture. and I know how to find the max bending moment using the equation. but really doesn't know how to find the 182 kn on this question. can Anyone help me. thanks. many many thanks

the picture link https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=386476

Answers and Replies

nvn
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Use static equilibrium (summation of vertical forces, and summation of moments about any point) to solve for the reaction forces.

THX mate. I know the max bending moment 330KNm I can use Mv = 2Wv/L*(L/2_aw/4)^2+Wg*L/8. but how to find 182KNm??? thank you very much mate.

nvn
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
cash168: Create a section cut at x = 7 m, and compute a summation of moment on the left or right side of the section cut to obtain the moment at the section cut.

cash168: Create a section cut at x = 7 m, and compute a summation of moment on the left or right side of the section cut to obtain the moment at the section cut.
hi mate. not quite understand. can you show me , how to find the 182KNm or the 114KN Reactions . many thanks

nvn
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
cash168: Study your text book and study the example problems in your text book. Show your calculations, and then someone might check your math.