Uses for 1000 Beanie Babies: Beyond Burning

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
In summary, these are just worthless pieces of plastic that people were tricked into thinking were worth something.
russ_watters
Mentor
Other than burning them to make a little steam to generate a small amount of electricity, is there anything useful you can do with a thousand Beanie Babies? I mean, you can't sell these things anymore, can you?

Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
Other than burning them to make a little steam to generate a small amount of electricity, is there anything useful you can do with a thousand Beanie Babies? I mean, you can't sell these things anymore, can you?

a thousand...

Ugh, one of my pet peeves! What a useless waste of money! And seemingly normal and intelligent people fell for the whole scheme (makes me embarrassed for my gender that were, I think, all female :mad:), and actually thought that they would be valuable some day. What a crock!

There are actually still stores around here that have "One Purchase Per Customer Per Day!". Puh-leeze :rolleyes:.

Just sell them as chew toys for dogs.

Topher925 said:
Just sell them as chew toys for dogs.
No! Don't need that plastic filler in their bellies.

I smell a tribuchet in your future.

Try to contact any orphans/children foundations..

Good idea. My girlfriend thought of it at the same time. I called the local childrens hospital and they are happy to take them.

Awww.

Another PF success story! :smile:

The trebuchet idea is still on the table...

If it can reach Africa, why not. :biggrin:

1. What are some creative uses for 1000 Beanie Babies?

Some creative uses for 1000 Beanie Babies include using them as decorations, making a Beanie Baby mosaic, using them as a base for a DIY plush toy, or creating a Beanie Baby garden.

2. Can Beanie Babies be used for educational purposes?

Yes, Beanie Babies can be used for educational purposes. They can be used as teaching aids for counting, sorting, or learning about different animal species.

3. Are there any practical uses for 1000 Beanie Babies?

Yes, there are practical uses for 1000 Beanie Babies. They can be used as stress relievers, door stoppers, or makeshift pillows.

4. Can Beanie Babies be repurposed for charity?

Absolutely, Beanie Babies can be repurposed for charity. They can be donated to children's hospitals, animal shelters, or used in fundraising events.

5. How can Beanie Babies be used for scientific research?

Beanie Babies can be used for scientific research by studying their materials and manufacturing processes, as well as conducting experiments on their durability and lifespan. They can also be used as models for studying animal anatomy and behavior.