Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beautiful buildings.

1. Jan 4, 2006 #1

Gold Member

I went to York Minster again the other day and snapped some pics. It's really an astounding sight, and you should see it if you get the chance.

What are some of your favorite buildings?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2006 #2
    i loved st paul's when i went. westminster abbey, on the other hand was ridiculously disappointing. the place was cluttered with so many statues, plaques, monuments, etc that it was hard to walk around & hard to see the building, if that makes any sense. i thought the tate modern was really cool; i had never appreciated modern art until i visited there. someday i want to see st peter's basilica, & i hope i live to see gaudi's sagrada familia in barcelona finished.
  4. Jan 4, 2006 #3

Staff: Mentor

5. Jan 4, 2006 #4
    that site listed the statue of liberty but i think i would pick the empire state building over it as a symbol of nyc. timbuktu is another excellent choice, the old city of sana'a (yemen), alhambra, the forbidden city, old havana... the list goes on. i'd love to go to all those places.
  6. Jan 4, 2006 #5

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao
    Ex National Centre for Popular Music, Sheffield

The Sagrada Familia, Barcelona
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?