Become a Moderator/Mentor of PF - Get Your Chance Now!

• Thread starter 0°0'0"
  • Start date
In summary: Each post you make is a chance to build your reputation at PF. Thanks in advance :)Each post you make is a chance to build your reputation at PF. Enjoy!
0°0'0"
Hello!

I want to become a moderator (or how you call it? mentor?) of PF! Who can appoint me? Can you give me a chance?

Thanks in advance :)

Physics news on Phys.org
0°0'0" said:
Hello!

I want to become a moderator (or how you call it? mentor?) of PF! Who can appoint me? Can you give me a chance?

Thanks in advance :)

You don't know me, but I want the keys to your house, be able to decide on the interior decorations, rearrange the furniture, tell you when you should eat and what you should eat for your meals, and generally have a run of your place. Can you give me a chance?

Oy vey!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
You don't know me, but I want the keys to your house, be able to decide on the interior decorations, rearrange the furniture, tell you when you should eat and what you should eat for your meals, and generally have a run of your place. Can you give me a chance?

Oy vey!

Zz.

kidding, yeah?

so when shall i start?

If you
are a professional scientist or knowledgeable lay-man who shows through helping others or by clarifying points of dispute, that you are competent in a particular area:

Then you might, in time, be chosen as mentor at PF.

Moderators and mentors are different. A moderator is an official position, whereas a mentor and the other titles are automatically assigned as a reflection of the number and quality of your posts. Stick around for a while, help people out, and you will find your status bumped up to mentor or science advisor.

As for asking about running the joint on your first day - I'm thinkin' no.

Here at PF, we have two administrators, Greg (the owner) and chroot. Then there are the mentors that monitor the forums (sometimes referred to as moderators), these are selected by Greg, with input from the existing mentors. We also have an advisor position.

Awards (science advisor & homework helper) are given to recognize members that have repeatedly demonstrated a high level of expertise and knowledge in certain subjects and a willingness to help others. These are not automatic.

Guru awards - Annually, the mentors and admin will nominate members in each category that they consider exceptional and then PF members are allowed to vote for their favorite.

I noticed something on the Forum Leader panels:
Tom Mattson&SelfAdjoint are not considered moderators; only Super Mentors.

Evo said:
Here at PF, we have two administrators, Greg (the owner) and chroot. Then there are the mentors that monitor the forums (sometimes referred to as moderators), these are selected by Greg, with input from the existing mentors. We also have an advisor position.

Awards (science advisor & homework helper) are given to recognize members that have repeatedly demonstrated a high level of expertise and knowledge in certain subjects and a willingness to help others. These are not automatic.

Guru awards - Annually, the mentors and admin will nominate members in each category that they consider exceptional and then PF members are allowed to vote for their favorite.
Oops. Opened my mouth when I shouldn't have.

OTOH, I learned something: I thought my title as Science Advisor was automatic, based on # of posts and high 'score' answers.

arildno said:
I noticed something on the Forum Leader panels:
Tom Mattson&SelfAdjoint are not considered moderators; only Super Mentors.
They are the true original Super Mentors.

DaveC426913 said:
Oops. Opened my mouth when I shouldn't have.

OTOH, I learned something: I thought my title as Science Advisor was automatic, based on # of posts and high 'score' answers.
Your award just appeared without being notified? Hmmm, we should let people know that they've been specially selected. You can feel honored to have been selected for an award. :smile:

Evo said:
They are the true original Super Mentors.

Since the launch of the "enhanced" :wink: version,till february,Nereid,TomMattson & SelfAdjoint were supermentors and didn't have forums to moderate (they moderators for all,i guess) which is true even now...
I know that b4 Tom moderated the homework forum...

Daniel.

0°0'0" said:
Can you give me a chance?

Each post you make is a chance to build your reputation at PF.
Enjoy!

Related to Become a Moderator/Mentor of PF - Get Your Chance Now!

What are the qualifications to become a moderator/mentor of PF?

To become a moderator/mentor of PF, you must have a strong knowledge and understanding of the subject matter, be an active member of the PF community, and have a good reputation among other members. You must also demonstrate strong leadership skills and be able to handle conflicts and discussions in a professional manner.

How can I apply to become a moderator/mentor of PF?

To apply, you can fill out an application form provided by PF. This form will ask for your personal information, qualifications, and why you believe you would make a good moderator/mentor. You may also be asked to provide references from other PF members to support your application.

What are the responsibilities of a moderator/mentor of PF?

A moderator/mentor is responsible for maintaining the quality and integrity of discussions on PF. This includes monitoring and enforcing the community guidelines, resolving conflicts, and providing guidance and support to other members. They also have the responsibility of setting a good example for other members to follow.

How long does the application process take?

The application process may vary depending on the number of applicants at the time. On average, it can take a few weeks for the application to be reviewed and a decision to be made. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email.

What are the benefits of being a moderator/mentor of PF?

Becoming a moderator/mentor of PF is a great opportunity to give back to the community and help others learn and grow. It also allows you to develop your leadership and communication skills. Additionally, moderators/mentors may have access to exclusive resources and opportunities within the PF community.