1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Becoming a Better reader.

1. Apr 28, 2012 #1
    Hello ,

I am in love with the love with the idea with physics , mostly on earth but I have always not been the most avid reader. Actually, my level of comprehension has always been not a level that is complete enough to be the student that I am able to be.

I really like learning the technical language , that being talking in person, but I can never really connect the two. There are never really conversations that are strike up in my 4 hour class - even when the teacher probes the class.

I want to become a better technical reader but I am not ask to write technical things in my physics class , just do calculations.

Is there a book or some method that would encourage me to become a better reader in terms of physics ?

I ask to do a summer research project and he's game but this seems like a short term solution , that is within a confined context.

Maybe I am just not focused enough , but one way or another I want to understand the ideas that I am reading. I would like to have a couple of way to boost up my comprehension while I read but am willing and aware that it may not be completely that simple.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted