Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beer bellies and bean poles

1. Aug 30, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Nearly all the blokes have beer bellies and nearly all the girls are bean poles, bean poles wearing barbie doll clothes, and beer bellies wearing jeans and tee shirts, that is the impression i had when i went to the city.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2008 #2
    I'm 5' 6" and 100 lbs.

Hey, at least SOME of them are skinny, here its just 80% of the population...

4. Aug 30, 2008 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No beer bellies here. Perhaps you're wanting to see them.

5. Aug 30, 2008 #4
    I assure you that there are beer bellies and bean poles in all genders.

6. Aug 31, 2008 #5

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Beer bellies and beer bellies up here Woolo.

Was 'the city' Brummajum perchance?

7. Aug 31, 2008 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Yes star city to be exact, i guess my observation may be biased as i do not get out much, but for sure there were a lot of beer bellies and bean poles.

8. Aug 31, 2008 #7
    I'm 5' 8" and 194lbs. Though I am pretty hunky and dense. I am only 15 and I have started to notice that I am becoming hairier than my dad; my dad is a hairy beast.

9. Aug 31, 2008 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That was weird to read, since the next town over from me is Star City too. But, it's far from a city...more a teeny, tiny town. I'm not sure about beer bellies and bean poles though. Around here, I think we have more apples and oranges. :biggrin: Bean poles are rather rare (except among the nursing students...I'm wondering if they only admit bleach blondes who are skinny and bouncy into the program :uhh: I'm not used to teaching classes where men are such an overwhelming minority.)

10. Aug 31, 2008 #9
    what if one of your nursing students comes to PF? should you be saying that?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?