1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beginner in Physics

1. Sep 13, 2006 #1
    Hello, I just started a Physics course last week and unfortunatly I am stuck with a teacher that can't teach :rolleyes: So , I have come across a few questions that I need help in.

1. A car travelling at 90km/h strikes a tree. The front end of the car compresses and the driver comes to rest after travelling 0.80m . What was the average acceleration od th driver during the collision?

2. A stone dropped from the top of a cliff. It is seen to hit the ground below after 3.50seconds. How high is the cliff?

3. A heliocopter is ascending vertically with a speed of 5.50m/s . At a hight of 105m above the Earth, a package is dropped from a window. How much time does it take for the package to reach the ground?

Thank you in advance. :smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2006 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to PF! Unfortunately the rules of the forum are such that we can not help you unless you've shown some attempt at doing the questions yourself. This is for your own benefit as the learning process would be stunted by people just handing out answers. Please tell us how you are stuck with the questions (i.e. how far have you gotten yourself and what stage are you stuck at).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?