Beginner Physics: Learn the Basics Now!

In summary, the conversation revolved around determining which kinematic equation contains all the terms of distance, initial speed, and acceleration. The individual initially had difficulty identifying whether the velocity was initial or final, but eventually found the answer. They also questioned whether an object is considered to be at rest if it is not explicitly stated in the equation. The individual clarified that in this case, the initial velocity was stated as 6m/s.
Numnum
Done.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
So you have the distance, initial speed and acceleration.

Which kinematic equation has all these terms in it?

Haha, actually I think I was confused by the velocity. I didn't know whether it was initial or final. I just got the answer. Thank you! Btw, is it initial if "rest" is not stated in the equation?

Numnum said:
Haha, actually I think I was confused by the velocity. I didn't know whether it was initial or final. I just got the answer. Thank you! Btw, is it initial if "rest" is not stated in the equation?

well it said from 6m/s, so initial velocity = 6

I am glad to see that there is a growing interest in learning the basics of physics. Physics is a fundamental science that helps us understand the world around us and has practical applications in various fields such as engineering, medicine, and technology.

I would like to encourage beginners to continue learning and exploring the basics of physics, as it will provide a strong foundation for more advanced concepts in the future. It is also important to note that physics is a constantly evolving field, and there is always something new to discover and learn.

I recommend utilizing reliable resources, such as textbooks or online courses, to gain a solid understanding of the fundamental principles of physics. It is also beneficial to engage in hands-on activities and experiments to apply the concepts learned and enhance understanding.

Overall, I am excited to see more people taking an interest in physics and I believe that with dedication and perseverance, anyone can grasp the basics and even delve deeper into this fascinating field of science.

1. What is physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, motion, and the interactions between them.

2. What are the basic principles of physics?

The basic principles of physics include Newton's laws of motion, the law of conservation of energy, and the laws of thermodynamics.

3. How can I understand complex physics concepts?

The best way to understand complex physics concepts is to break them down into smaller, simpler parts and then build your understanding from there. It's also important to practice and apply the concepts in real-world scenarios.

4. What are the main branches of physics?

The main branches of physics are classical mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, and relativity.

5. Why is physics important?

Physics is important because it helps us understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the universe. It also has practical applications in technology, medicine, and other fields.