Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beginner Robotics

1. Jan 17, 2009 #1
    Hey,

I want to get in to robotics but I don't know where to start. Is there a book I should buy or some kits that i should start with that aren't too expensive. If there are any suggestions on how I could turn this into my hobby please post :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2009 #2
    I thought a good website was societyofrobots.com . He has a ton of tutorials including a how to build an autonomous robot for $50.

4. Jan 19, 2009 #3
    Robotics a great hobby that will teach you an incredible amount of skills and knowledge. If you are rather new to electronics and building things in general I would start with a simple kit like the BOE Bot from Parallax.

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/411/Default.aspx

www.sparkfun.com has a lot of good tutorials for beginners to such as programming AVRs and introductions to bluetooth.

[​IMG]

5. Jan 22, 2009 #4
    And start reading about Microcontrollers. That will help you a lot in robotics and is quite essential.

6. Jan 22, 2009 #5
    get in touch with someone who knows the stuff.

Do you have any society around? any contests? they can be really helpful when starting

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?