Beginning an engineering degree 2

• Programs
  • Thread starter synergix
  • Start date
I will be beginning my engineering degree in the fall and I am wondering what specific areas of my high school science courses should I review. What will be the most important topics anyways I won't be blowing off my summer to study but I would feel much more comfortable if I reviewed the important stuff before I begin.

Answers and Replies

djeitnstine
Gold Member
Try using the search function, there are many threads on this topic. When I become not lazy I'll post some here.

Ya I kinda figured there would be thanks

Trigonometric review is almost certain for you.

Id say everything in engineering is either trigonometric or something else, 50 % trigonometric.

All of math. Then physics and chemistry for materials science.

Is math the most important subject to master?

The more math you know, and the more understanding you have of it, the easier it will be.

I say learn the math then just let your professors teach you their applications.

I'm a mechanical engineering senior, started school after a 6 year break in education. Some trig and calculus should do you fine. However, with that said, you really shouldn't stress it, you will be taught everything you need to know, and the beginning of every course holds your hand through the material/gives review of previous information.